IMatch 2023 has been released!

Started by Mario, June 13, 2023, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

After a last 18 hour push, I finally officially published IMatch 2023 today.

This is probably the largest upgrade since IMatch 5.
The sheer number of over 130 new features, enhancements, updates of all 3rd party libraries and bug fixes shows how much work I've put into this product over the past two years. In addition to creating and shipping 10 free updates for IMatch 2021.

I'm sure every user will find many features or enhancements that make the upgrade fee money well spent.
With your upgrade fee you support the IMatch product and reward me for my ongoing support and development work.

All users which qualified for a free upgrade can download IMatch 2023 from the customer portal.

Users who qualify for an upgrade discount (all users with an IMatch 2021 license) find upgrade instructions and their personal discount code in the customer portal as usual.

See IMatch 2023 - What's New? for an overview video and additional details.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hluxem

Congrats!

I hope you get some well-deserved time off.
I was looking forward to the latest release and it's installing right now!

Thanks,

Heiner

sinus

Gratuliere!!!  :)

Very good, of course I will buy this awesome new IMatch 2023!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Quote from: hluxem on June 13, 2023, 09:03:42 PMCongrats!

I hope you get some well-deserved time off.
I hope so, too.

The number of 'testers' increases by the hundreds in the first couple of days after a release.
And I want to be here and ready when issues are found, questions are asked, or, iieeek, bugs are found.
And solve all this with frequent updates and answers.
This will settle after a week or so, and then I will take some time off and relax a bit.
The last weeks of IMatch 2023 production were truly what we call in IT a death march...

Right now I'm enjoying a well-earned alcoholic beverage ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mastodon

I have installed it flowlessly. It feel :) it is quicker, and the interface is more responsive!

axel.hennig

Congrats!

No need to answer, take a break (maybe I'm just too stupid):

What does this sentence in the release-notes mean (or what should it tell me)?

#01822: {File.DateTime.Original} is the same as {File.DateTime.Original}.

Ranger1700

Just tried to install but no banner on portal to upgrade. I currently have iMatch 2021 18.4 Licenced version.
Only option is to download 2021 version or older releases.

I will try again later. Hope its just a small glitch.

Tom

RobiWan

Hi Mario,

Very nice, but why I don't see in Customer Center any indication/ possibility to update from 2021 to 2023?
I do not see this point by me " 2. At the top you'll see your personal upgrade voucher ¹. Click on Upgrade Now and follow the instructions"

And of course I have version 2021

IMatch 2021787571403Apr 14, 2022"

Robert

Mario

Quote from: Ranger1700 on June 13, 2023, 09:45:36 PMJust tried to install but no banner on portal to upgrade. I currently have iMatch 2021 18.4 Licenced version.

Tom

Send me an email with your email / license key for IMatch 2023 to support email address.
I'll check your account and see what the problem is.

Many IMatch 2021 users have upgraded already so this is not a common problem.
Make sure you log into the customer portal with your 2021 email address and license key.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

RobiWan

Mario

Quote from: RobiWan on June 13, 2023, 09:47:18 PMHi Mario,

Very nice, but why I don't see in Customer Center any indication/ possibility to update from 2021 to 2023?
I do not see this point by me " 2. At the top you'll see your personal upgrade voucher ¹. Click on Upgrade Now and follow the instructions"

And of course I have version 2021

IMatch 2021787571403Apr 14, 2022"

Robert
Send your email address and IMatch 2021 license key to support email address
I'll check what the problem is.

Make sure you log into the customer portal with your 2021 email address and license key.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Darius1968

Should IMatch 2021 first be uninstalled before moving up to IMatch 2023? 

Mario

Quote from: Darius1968 on June 13, 2023, 10:11:16 PMShould IMatch 2021 first be uninstalled before moving up to IMatch 2023? 

No. The IMatch 2023 installer removes/replaces your IMatch 2021 installation and upgrades everything to IMatch 2023.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Ranger1700

Quote from: Mario on June 13, 2023, 09:47:53 PM
Quote from: Ranger1700 on June 13, 2023, 09:45:36 PMJust tried to install but no banner on portal to upgrade. I currently have iMatch 2021 18.4 Licenced version.
Tom
Send me an email with your email / license key for IMatch 2023 to support email address.
I'll check your account and see what the problem is.
Mario
Successfully downloaded. Strange but for reference here is the reason.

Originally used Firefox browser to enter the portal and no offer for the download showed. I have now retried with Microsoft Edge, and the offer showed.

I have now successfully downloaded. Sorry for wasting your time.

Tom

Mario

Quote from: Ranger1700 on June 13, 2023, 10:35:42 PMSuccessfully downloaded. Strange but for reference here is the reason.

Originally used Firefox browser to enter the portal and no offer for the download showed. I have now retried with Microsoft Edge, and the offer showed.

I have now successfully downloaded. Sorry for wasting your time.
Hm. Sounds like a caching issue in Firefox then...?

@Other users with the same issue: try <Ctrl>+<F5> a couple of times to force FireFox to reload the customer portal page fresh, without using an outdated cache.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Ger

Quote from: Mario on June 13, 2023, 09:16:50 PMRight now I'm enjoying a well-earned alcoholic beverage ;)

From Costa Rica: enjoy it!

Pura Vida!

ger

BanjoTom

Downloaded and installed IM2023, no problems!  Now I just have to explore and learn how to use the many new features...  THANK YOU, Mario, for your excellent vision, your work, and your support!
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Tveloso

Congratulations Mario!...on another Major Release of this outstanding product!

Another successful install here also.

Yes, time to read the Release Notes again, and explore the new features!
__PRESENT
--Tony

Jingo

Thx and congrats Mario... purchased and downloaded but will install in a little while as I finish up some intense items on the computer.  Can't wait to see the new install!

Mario

I have just released the first update for the update: IMatch 2023.1.4
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

javiavid

Hi Mario, I'm trying to buy the update but I can't enter my NIF IVA to buy it as a freelance, it gives me an error.
I have tried in several possible ways, but it tells me invalid number.

Any ideas?

Mario

I'm sorry, but I cannot help with that. I'm not involved in the sales or payment processing, this is all handled by my distributor MyCommerce. I don't even know what NIF IVA is. IMatch is sold into 70 countries and each country has their own payment types and specialties.

I have opened a ticket and asked them. The estimated response time is shown as 2.5 days so this might take a bit. IMatch 2023 won't go away and your discount coupon is valid until I release IMatch 2024 :)

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Mario

Quote from: javiavid on June 14, 2023, 06:20:45 PMHi Mario, I'm trying to buy the update but I can't enter my NIF IVA to buy it as a freelance, it gives me an error.
I have tried in several possible ways, but it tells me invalid number.

Any ideas?
MyCommerce told me you can contact them via ordersupport@mycommerce.com
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

graham1

I am pleased to see that, so far, my impression is that IMatch 2023 is now noticeably quicker than either IMatch 2020 or 2021.

Graham

Mario

Quote from: graham1 on June 15, 2023, 12:50:35 PMI am pleased to see that, so far, my impression is that IMatch 2023 is now noticeably quicker than either IMatch 2020 or 2021.

Graham
Which features do you experience as quicker than before?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Darius1968

As always, money very well spent, of which all of it is owed to and deserved by the maker of IMatch himself, Mario Westphal! 

Mario

Quote from: Darius1968 on June 15, 2023, 07:43:16 PMAs always, money very well spent, of which all of it is owed to and deserved by the maker of IMatch himself, Mario Westphal! 

Thank for for supporting the IMatch project. Much appreciated :)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Darius1968

Quote from: Mario on June 15, 2023, 07:49:12 PMThank for for supporting the IMatch project. Much appreciated :)

Definitely, not a problem  :)  

Menace

I just started IMatch and was notified that there was a new major version. I'm completely surprised, didn't look at what's new and bought it straight away (regardless of whether I need this version or not). Thank you Mario for continuing to maintain the product. This is a more than fair offer when I consider how often, how long I have been using Imatch now and for what (and it's not just photos).

Mario

Quote from: Menace on June 16, 2023, 05:52:32 PMI just started IMatch and was notified that there was a new major version. I'm completely surprised, didn't look at what's new and bought it straight away (regardless of whether I need this version or not).
Thanks. much appreciated.
Even if you don't use any of the new features (and you will!) you'll benefit of the bugs fixed, the updated 3rd party components and libraries, new RAW formats supported, an updated ExifTool version, general speed, security and performance improvements.

And you support the project, of course. To make IMatch evolve and prosper.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

beeellecee

Fantastic! Love the new splash screen at start-up - and after that everything just gets even better!

edit: and fast!

Mario

Quote from: beeellecee on June 16, 2023, 11:21:01 PMFantastic! Love the new splash screen at start-up - and after that everything just gets even better!

You're welcome. I hope you'll like IMatch 2023 and find it useful.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Tveloso

Quote from: beeellecee on June 16, 2023, 11:21:01 PMFantastic! Love the new splash screen at start-up - and after that everything just gets even better!

Yes, the Splash Screen looks great!  An exciting new background image every time!
--Tony

Mario

Quote from: Tveloso on June 17, 2023, 02:53:45 AMYes, the Splash Screen looks great!  An exciting new background image every time!
It's actually just a few splash screens that cycle. I was toying with AI image generation and tried to come up with some interesting motives in the IMatch red color scheme. I have more and will ship a few new splash screens over time.
It's a gimmick of course, but also nice to look at for a few seconds while IMatch starts and loads the database.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Rene Toepfer

Great work!
The main reason for my upgrade was the new copy metadata. This is a great feature!

Mario

Quote from: Rene Toepfer on June 17, 2023, 06:23:28 PMGreat work!
The main reason for my upgrade was the new copy metadata. This is a great feature!
Thanks!
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

BanjoTom

I, too, love the new splash screens!  
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

graham1

Quote from: Mario on June 15, 2023, 01:12:35 PM
Quote from: graham1 on June 15, 2023, 12:50:35 PMI am pleased to see that, so far, my impression is that IMatch 2023 is now noticeably quicker than either IMatch 2020 or 2021.

Graham
Which features do you experience as quicker than before?
Not sure really - just a general impression, working with my large database of over 800,000 raw files. 

beeellecee

Quote from: Mario on June 17, 2023, 09:44:35 AM
Quote from: Tveloso on June 17, 2023, 02:53:45 AMYes, the Splash Screen looks great!  An exciting new background image every time!
It's actually just a few splash screens that cycle. I was toying with AI image generation and tried to come up with some interesting motives in the IMatch red color scheme. I have more and will ship a few new splash screens over time.
It's a gimmick of course, but also nice to look at for a few seconds while IMatch starts and loads the database.

I guess yes, it's a gimmick, but things like this I find refreshing and inspiring - how we react to images - which of course everyone here will understand the power of images to alter mood!

cg

It's like Christmas when a new release drops. I'm looking forward to digging into the new features, especially Auto fill, which looks like it could be very handy in my workflow. Thanks, Mario!

Carlo Didier

Graham
Same here. Couldn't point at anything specific, except for the file window. It generally feels more responsive and quick, even though I have always debug logging activated.

Mario

The File Window should be quicker for many users who work with large scopes (many files in the File Window). I've found a way to optimize data loading and the FW now needs to load less metadata less often. Which makes loading and scrolling faster.
I like faster :D
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

sybersitizen

Hi,

I downloaded and tested the trial version of IMatch (2021.18.3) a few months ago, but was not sure enough about it to make a purchase. That version is still installed on my computer in read-only mode, and I've indexed several hundred photos and trained many faces with it. Now that subject autotagging is integrated into the latest version, I'm much closer to a decision. So, my questions:

Is there an updated trial version for specifically testing the new autotagging?

If I decide to purchase, is the correct way to do it from within the trial version (either the existing one or a newer one?

Is there anything special to watch out for during the installation to ensure that the file references and face training are properly retained?

Thanks!

Mario

QuoteIs there an updated trial version for specifically testing the new autotagging?
Yes. The current trial version to download is 2023.1.7

QuoteIf I decide to purchase, is the correct way to do it from within the trial version (either the existing one or a newer one?

When you purchase a license, you get access to the photools.com customer portal and can download the latest version of IMatch from there. Installing the licensed version replaces the trial version on your system.

QuoteIs there anything special to watch out for during the installation to ensure that the file references and face training are properly retained?

No. It's all automatic. But make sure to read Welcome to IMatch 2023 for things you may want or need to do, and of course the IMatch 2023 release notes.

Quotebut was not sure enough about it to make a purchase.
What held you back? Price point? Other DAM software you have evaluated?

If it's only the auto tagging, there are standalone tools and plug-ins for Photoshop/Lr etc. which do that.
The IMatch AutoTagger supports 4 of the leading image classification AI services for years: Google, Microsoft, Clarifai and imagga.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator