Docking panels above each other

Started by paddy1, October 10, 2021, 10:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddy1

Good morning. I have just updated iMatch to its latest iteration and it threw my workspace into disarray. I have managed to reset nearly everything but I am absolutely unable to dock two, or more, panels (or panel groups) above each other on the right hand side. When I dock more than one panel, they invariably take up the entire vertical height of the frame and dock ALONGSIDE each other. They stubbornly refuse to allow themselves to be resized and to dock above and below each other (as they were originally). I have been at this for hours, I have scoured the 'help' instructions and the community posts and I would really appreciate a solution to this problem. Thank you.

Mario

Hi,

something similar has never been reported, as far as I recall.

Nothing has changed with the way IMatch uses docking panels etc.
Did you try to just reload your workspace from the Workspace menu? This resets all panels to whatever was stored in the workspace.

Another way to deal with this would be to reset the default workspace back to defaults.
Close IMatch.
Hold down CTRL and start it again. Keep CTRL pressed until you see the Advanced Startup Options (Recovery) dialog.
Click on Reset Workspace.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

paddy1

Thanks for replying. I already tried relaunching as you suggested but it didn't change anything. I've attached a screenshot of the current layout - as you can see, there are two panel groups on the Right, laid out adjacent to each other and each occupying the entire vertical height of the frame. I need to resize each to at least half their present height and then align them one above the either at the right hand margin of the frame. But, for the life of me, I can't get them to do what I want. It seems that the docking process only produces adjacently aligned panels and is incapable of producing vertically aligned panels. Undocking and re-sizing / aligning manually doesn't work either because, the moment I try that, the images window expands to fill the vacated space and the panel groups consequently cover some of the images.
I'm thinking of uninstalling and re-installing from scratch to see if this helps at all but if you can offer some help before that, I would really be grateful.

Mario

Just left-click on the caption bar of the Keywords panel and then drag it into the other panel.
When I do that, I see:

I point at the bottom "box" of the docking indicator and release the mouse. The panel groups are docked below each other.

Which IMatch version are you using?

(There is also a tutorial video in the IMatch Learning Center which demonstrates this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

paddy1

OMG ! i) It has to be the bottom 'box (not the 'right') and ii) the docking indicator gets it right only when the second panel is hovering over the first.
It's not the most intuitive sequence I've ever encountered but I tried it and it works like magic.
Great work.
Kudos and many thanks