IMatch Crash while Confirming Faces

Started by Tveloso, April 10, 2020, 09:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tveloso

While in People View, with the People Filter set to show only Files with UnConfirmed Faces, I experienced a Crash after confirming a small block of files.

There were 6 or 7 files selected, that all showed only the selected Person (i.e. they each contained only that one Face Annotation), and after pressing Ctrl-M, C, the file window began to reload, and the thumbnails were "reshuffling" a bit (as the newly confirmed files were being removed from the current scope).  IMatch then just closed suddenly.

The last line in the log was:

04.10 14:27:58+ 1000 [22EC] 00  E> ...  'v:\develop\imatch5\src\imatchng\ptfilewnd.cpp(5371)'

I'll send the full log to the support email...(unfortunately it's not a Debug Log).

Mario, I know that you have quite a backlog of emails right now, but I thought I'd still post this in case it could be important, and not just an isolated incident.

I'm also wondering if this could possibly be somehow related to the "people not recognized" issue discussed in this bug report:

https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=10007.0

...(probably not though, this is just a passing thought, and/or a "wild guess" on my part).

But I think the issue discussed in that bug report might have re-appeared for one person that I deleted and re-created, but I don't really have anything more concrete on that.  I'll try to keep a watchful eye, in order to hopefully add something useful to that bug report.
--Tony

plastikman

I also experience an occasional crash while tagging, but some of those pictures where my wedding group portraits with around 30+ people in it so I didn't pay too much attention to them. I also had some with fewer people in it, but mostly related to my virtually rotated pictures I assumed. I will keep an eye on it if it happens again since I removed all virtual rotations for now.

Do these crashes show up in telemetry or do we always have to sent a crash report?

Mario

Please upload the DUMP file produces by IMatch to your cloud space and send me a link to support email address

See The Debug Dump File
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tveloso

Mario, in my case, there was no Dump File produced.

I wonder if IMatch's Crash Handler actually was working on producing one though...because my PC appeared to be quite busy (the fan speed was throttled way up), even while IMatch was closed.

From the Help:
Windows may need several minutes to create the DUMP file in the background. As soon as the DUMP data has been written, the IMatch crash handler will inform you with the following message box:

I did keep IMatch closed for quite a while before launching it again...(could the act of re-opening IMatch have cancelled the Dump generation?).

I recall that I once found a zero-Byte ZipFile in my temp directory with a name similar to the one shown in the crash handler dialog in the Help.  Perhaps back then, a Dump File was being prepared, and I did something to interrupt that?

On the other hand, in this case, I didn't get the "IMatch has encountered a problem and needs to close..." message.  IMatch just closed suddenly.
--Tony

Mario

The creation of the crash dump is done by Windows. When it completes, the crash handler dialog shows up.
If the crash handler is not triggered, the problem usually happened in some external component not directly loaded by IMatch (driver, WIC codec, ...)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook