Add Layer in the Target File when copying Annotations

Started by Tveloso, March 09, 2020, 03:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tveloso

When copying face annotations between photos, if the target photo does not have the Layer from which the Annotations were copied, that Layer should be added as part of the Paste Operation.  Perhaps this behavior should be implemented only for Face Annotations?...

On the other hand, now that we have face recognition, perhaps this request is not really needed...but even in IMatch2020, I found myself copying/pasting Face Annotations from a Photo that had them, to a similar Photo that didn't have any (because I had failed to add Annotations to it back in IMatch2019 - and so it lacked a People Layer).
--Tony

PaulS

+1.  Either create or prompt to create a layer with the same name as the Face Annotation source layer if it does not already exist in the target file.

I had this happen to me and had to go back and rename the layers on all affected photos to "Persons".  I haven't used annotations in the past and so was not expecting this behavior.
Now that I am aware, I have been creating and then deleting a face annotation, which creates the layer, prior to pasting the face annotations.

hluxem

+1

This happened to me as well. I did not go back and fix it because I have not used the layer feature yet. Just don't make sense to have them mixed on 2 different layers and it may create a problem in the future.

Heiner

mastodon

I have made a lot of copy and paste face annotations, and does not understand this. I mean I have just realised, that C+P face annontions is not enough. What happens if I just paste the face annotation (the green frame I mean) and did not create a layer for persons?

Mario

Quote from: mastodon on March 18, 2020, 05:35:31 PM
I have made a lot of copy and paste face annotations, and does not understand this. I mean I have just realised, that C+P face annontions is not enough. What happens if I just paste the face annotation (the green frame I mean) and did not create a layer for persons?
Nothing happens. Annotations can be pasted on any layer. This does not affect anything. Layers just allow you to show/hide annotations at will. Helpful when you work with many annotations, like some IMatch users do.

Note that this behavior has changed for face annotations for the next release as explained in the release notes.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook