Tab and Arrow Key in metadata panel

Started by ben, May 02, 2019, 02:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

A few releases ago, a new behaviour was introduced for the keyword panel.
The tab-key and arrow-down-key are now much easier to use and more intuitiv.  ;D

Request:
Make the behaviour of the tab-key and arrow-down-key in the metadata panel (e.g. thesaurus suggestions) identical to the keyword panel.

Ben

Mario

I don't understand.

What functionality do you expect?
Which features should behave how, for keyboard interaction?

Both panels are quite different, doing different things in different ways...
The <Tab> key in the MD panel is used to quickly navigate between input fields, up and down. F5 opens the thesaurus for the active field, F6 adds the current field value to the thesaurus.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

I mean the way of how "suggestions" from the thesaurus can be used.

Example:
Start typing a keyword in the keyword panel.
A drop down list appears with suggestions that fit to the first letters.
Now, if i press the tab-key, the first suggestion is copied into the edit box.
Or, pressing Enter, creates a keyword from the first suggestion.

It would be great to get the same behaviour in the metadata panel.
So, if i start typing and the drop down list appears with suggestions from the thesaurus, i would like to use the tab-key and the enter-key in the same way as in the keyword panel.

Sorry, in my first post i wrote tab-key and arrow-down-key. But i mean tab-key and Enter-key

Mario

For which tags do you use the thesaurus in the MD panel? Are there so many entries that this is really required?
I mean, many users have hundreds or thousands of keywords. But only a small portion of users uses the thesaurus ever in the MD panel, and then it has less than 20 entries...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

I mainly use it for the location.
The suggested entries are usually less than 10.
I write the location for each image I work on.

I admit, it's less used than the key word panel, but still it would be a nice little improvement.