AutoTagger - Landmarks cannot be ignored

Started by banzai, May 01, 2023, 12:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banzai

Situation:
- AutoTagger with Google Cloud Vision
- In Settings both "Keywords" and "Landmarks" are activated

When manually reviewing files:
- When a Landmark is suggested and I click "Add to ignore list", it has no effect
- The chosen Landmark is added in the settings under "Ignored Keywords"
- But the Landmark is still shown for every other file that is reviewed afterwards
- Doing the same for Keywords works just fine

(At first it is not obvious what a Landmark and what a Keyword is. But I tested the difference be (de)activating Landmarks in the settings.)

Ciao,    banzai

Mario

Quote(At first it is not obvious what a Landmark and what a Keyword is. But I tested the difference be (de)activating Landmarks in the settings.)
That's to be expected. Google takes the "include landmarks" as a parameter and then mixes the landmark, if found, into the keywords returned. IMatch has no idea if a returned keyword is a landmark or not.

QuoteWhen a Landmark is suggested and I click "Add to ignore list", it has no effect
This will affect future lookups, I believe. It will not go through the current result set and filter the keyword out.
Have you tried this?

I have not worked on and with the AutoTagger for quite a while. I need to schedule some time slots to look into this.
There are no open bug reports for the AutoTagger (except yours) and this is a rarely used feature.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

I have reviewed this and keywords produced from landmarks can be ignored, but they were not filtered out in the same way real keywords were filtered.
This has been resolved for the IMatch 2023 code base.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook