Categorie Panel

Started by carca, March 08, 2020, 09:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carca

Hello,
I am new here and have started IMatch new entering 65.000 Photos (!) and trying now to caption them... Works allright, just a small detail: when I use the categorie Panel, it opens with the complete tree of categories, under-categories, under-under etc, displayed in detail.
I would like to close it down to the main categories in order to make it more readable.
Is there a specific command to do that?
I have found a way in closing all the under categories by hand (!!) and saving it in my Workspace (well done Carca!). But it is of course not the solution if I want to repeat this throughout a session...
Carca

Mario

This is a normal Windows tree control. All standard keyboard commands work on the category tree in the category panel (and all trees used by IMatch elsewhere).
The keyboard shortcuts are documented in the Windows help.

I have listed the most frequently used commands in the Category Panel help topic:

Useful Keyboard Shortcuts

The category panel remembers the expanded/collapsed state of each category.

Tip: if you work with a huge category tree, you can display smaller sections of it in separate tabs inside the Category Panel.
See Working with Additional Category Tabs
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

carca

OK, thanks a lot, it works perfectly...
Carca