How to report bugs

Started by Mario, February 29, 2020, 11:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

if you run into something you consider a bug:

1. DO NOT just post a message in one of the general discussion threads

2. DO NOT just post information about your potentially unrelated problems in another bug report (unless you can reproduce a problem another user has described)

3. ALWAYS create a new thread in the bug report board and describe what you did, what failed and how, if and which messages IMatch displayed. Include the log file. Be precise and as detailed as possible.

A general post like "I tried to xyz but it failed" does not help much. It's important to write I did 1. 2. 3. and then x happened and IMatch displayed y. Here is a screen shot. Or "I was expecting A but B happened".
EVERYTHING may be important. For example, which view you were in. What you did before you did what caused the problem. Etc.

In general: Follow the suggestions given in the How to Report Bugs? post.

This makes it easier to discuss individual problems. To follow along.
To keep related information like log files and screen shots together. And to document the bug in the release notes later.

I really hate bugs and I always fix them when I can reproduce them.
The better information you provide when reporting an issue, the faster I can reproduce and fix it.
Thank you.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook