IMatch 2017 Overview Page on-line

Started by Mario, May 06, 2017, 08:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

Dear Users,

I have created an overview page which shows the most important changes in the upcoming (not yet released!) IMatch 2017 version.

Check it out here: https://www.photools.com/imatch-2017-whats-new/

I hope that all users upgrade to his version very quickly. I have put so much work into this, I feel that the upgrade fee is fair and earned!

I will send out a separate email next week to all users which only have a license for IMatch 5.0 (good for IMatch up the 5.4 release). They will lose their upgrade discount once IMatch 2017 becomes available.

Let me know what you think about the page below. Thanks.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Look great! Some minor typos:
QuoteEnd-of-Lifetime Announcement

Six months after the release of IMatch 2017, support for IMatch 5.5+ will be discontinued. No support will be given to this old versions and no updates will be made available anymore.

Should be 'this old version'.

QuoteIntegrated IMatch WebServices™

We released of our new IMatch Anywhere™ product line in January. This IMatch add-on enables users to access their IMatch databases remotely, from any device and operating system. Locally, over a network or even over the Internet.

Now we integrated parts of this technology also into IMatch for Windows. By including IMatch WebServices™ into IMatch 2017, we could replace the aging BASIC scripting language with modern and state-of-the art scripting and web technologies. This makes it easier and faster to develop enhancements and apps for IMatch 2017. IMatch scripts can no be written in JavaScript and any other language that can utilize standard web services: Java, C#, Go, Python. Even in Windows PowerShell, ...
Should be
- 'released our new'
- 'from any device and operating system: locally, over a network or even over the Internet'
- 'Now we have integrated parts of this technology'

QuoteBug Fixes

Quite a number of bugs have been fixed for this version, including some long-standing ones that haunted users from time to time. We highly recommend to upgrade to this version.
- 'We highly recommend upgrading to this version'

I assume the warning about making a copy of the IMatch database if installing both versions will be re-emphasized during the download/install process.

We're all waiting for the release...

John

cthomas

Mario I have no idea what license I have? Can you tell me what version I have?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

loweskid

Quote from: cthomas on May 06, 2017, 09:26:52 PM

Click on 'Help' then 'About IMatch' and it will display the version number.

A couple more typos -

In the section 'The Even Better DAM' - last sentence - 'See the reminder of this page for details.'   Should be 'remainder'.

In the section 'Integrated IMatch WebServices' - 2nd paragraph - 'IMatch scripts can no be written in JavaScript....'.  Should be 'now'.

Mario

Quote from: cthomas on May 06, 2017, 09:26:52 PM
Go to Help menu > About to see which version of IMatch you are running.
If the version number is larger than 5.4 (e.g. the current version is 5.8.4) you have a license for IMatch 5.5 and later.

You can also check your license status in the customer portal. You only see IMatch versions you a license for.

After IMatch 2017 has been released, you will find a discount voucher in the customer portal when you are eligible for a discount.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Menace

Great! Thank you!

What I can't see from the images: Are the UI changed? Like more the IMatch Anyway?

Mario

Quote from: jch2103 on May 06, 2017, 08:55:12 PM
Look great! Some minor typos:

(...)

I assume the warning about making a copy of the IMatch database if installing both versions will be re-emphasized during the download/install process.

Thanks for the spell check.

IMatch 2017 shows a message when you open an old database. You can then stop the open/conversion and make a backup copy if needed. BUT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS make a backup copy of everything before you install a new software, including IMatch. Even if I would put a description or instructions into 7 other places, people would ignore it, forget about it etc. The dialog box is safer.

Quote from: jch2103 on May 06, 2017, 08:55:12 PM
We're all waiting for the release...

It's coming. Still lots to do, documentation, writing the installer, updating Pack & Go to handle all the new files etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Mario

Quote from: Menace on May 07, 2017, 08:51:32 AM
Great! Thank you!

What I can't see from the images: Are the UI changed? Like more the IMatch Anyway?

No, the UI of IMatch has not changed much. IMatch Anywhere WebViewer is an app running in a web browser. IMatch is a native Windows application.
If you want the IMatch Anywhere WebViewer user interface, purchase a license for IMatch Anywhere. It's only 45 US$ for the HOME edition.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

thrinn

Very impressive!

QuoteI hope that all users upgrade to his version very quickly.
I will, as soon as possible!

QuoteI have put so much work into this, I feel that the upgrade fee is fair and earned!
Just from following your posts about IMatch 2017 I agree full-heartedly!
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

monochrome

Looks awesome! I'll definitely upgrade on the spot.

Just the added video support makes it worth it.