Return from Viewer after deleting images: selected image not in focus

Started by meyersoft, April 02, 2016, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meyersoft

I have a minor issue with the viewer in fullscreen mode:
I am using it for deleting all files that are not okay/sharp/good enough.
After that, I return to the main view.
The files are really deleted, not only rejected.
In the main view, the last selected image is still selected, but unfortunately out of focus - because of the deleted images, I have to scroll up to see it.
Is this by design or could it be changed so that the currently selected image is shown, even if some images before are deleted?

Mario

The Viewer automatically brings the selected file into view when you close the Viewer.

But your workflow is different. You delete files in the Viewer, then close it. Then the dialog box comes up which ask you what to do with the files marked for deletion. Now you choose to physically delete the files. The physically deleted files are removed from the file window, and this may move the selected file out of view. A rather special situation. I cannot anticipate everything and add special handling for all such fringe cases, sorry.

Just press

<Ctrl>+<G>,<F> to go to the first selected file, or
<Ctrl>+<G>, <O> to go to the focused file, or
<Ctrl>+<G>, <L> to go to the last selected file

or use the corresponding commands from the Additional Functions sub-menu in the File Window context menu.

If you really consider this to be an issue affecting many users and you want me to spend time adding some code to handle this, feel free to file a feature request.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook