Folder Contents Update

Started by deejayw, March 04, 2015, 12:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deejayw

In v3.6 I made a stupid mistake today (what's new ?). Since then I have purchased v5 but not moved my database yet.
When updating a folder I allowed the new/changed items to be added only to the system unassigned category. I selected that category to view the results so that I can assign additional user categories of my choice. Since they were my photos, I assigned myself to my photographer category and then I did something else which caused the system unassigned category to update. I should have assigned the updates to a temporary user category. Now I have no overall view of the latest additions/updates. Since I had only assigned a second category to a few of this batch, my first thought was "is there a way to display all photos with only one (or chosen number of) assigned user category" ?
You can probably see where I am going with this. Is there an easy solution ?

Mario

I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you did, or what you want to achieve or what you want to 'fix' now.

You can see all files recently added, updated or modified in the Collection View (Today, Yesterday, Last Week etc.). This should allow you to find the files you are looking for.

The Unassigned and Uncategorized categories show all files which are not assigned to any category, or which have not been assigned manually to a category. See the IMatch help for details.

You can use category formulas to find files which are assigned to specific categories, or categories under a parent and about 100 other things. Or you use a Filter. See the IMatch help for details.

When viewing the files in the File Window, open the category Panel. Select all files. The Category Panel will show you the categories of all files (Click on the Current tab). Click on the Category Panel and then press <F1> to lean about all the features this panel offers you.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

I think this is an IMatch 3.6 question.  He is yet to migrate to 5.  The OP wants to find recently added files in 3.6.  The only thing that comes quickly to mind (since I seem to have forgotten a lot about 3.6) is to hope that the recently added files were also the most recently created files and do a sort by that or run a "selection" (database query) on that metadata.

Richard

QuoteSince I had only assigned a second category to a few of this batch, my first thought was "is there a way to display all photos with only one (or chosen number of) assigned user category" ?

Would the file date tell which were new?

In IMatch 3.6 the Properties window can show Category assignments.

deejayw

The scan surprised me by revealing a number (perhaps 40/50) of long existing files which I seem to have previously missed, therefore the Windows file date and camera embedded meta-data is unlikely to be helpful. Yes I am temporarily using 3.6 pending migration to my new purchase. I can't recall if there is a facility to look at an update collection (or similar) in 3.6 , but I thought that since my library almost exclusively contains images with 2+ user categories, I could look for images with only one. Perhaps the more appealing option is to migrate sooner than planned (without experience within a safe sand pit) and use Mario's idea, if the flags survive the migration ?