Does versioning works in Trial version??

Started by weixing, November 10, 2014, 05:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weixing

Hi,
   I'm trying out the IMatch 5 and just wondering does the versioning work in the trial version?? The versioning tab in the preference is disable and the versioning doesn't seem to work... I use the "Test Expressions" to test the file name and it indicate successful. The attached is the screen shot of my test image: 0H2A0726.CR2 and 0H2A0726.TIF

Thanks and have a nice day.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nytewulf

The tab will only be active when you have a versioning definition selected.  On a buddy-file definition it has no purpose.

John

Ferdinand

John is correct.  The B in square brackets [] signifies a buddy file.  You want to create a versioning file relation, which will be preceded by a [V].  Then the versioning tab will be enabled.  A new database should have some of these defined already as an example, but it appears that you deleted them.

Mario

The trial version if functional identical to the licensed version so versioning will work.

By default, IMatch asks you which file formats you use when creating a database and allows you to select these formats. Based on that, IMatch sets up a number of file relations and buddy file rules. If you did not select any file format, IMatch by default sets up one version rule for NEF files as an example, but does not enable it. It looks as if you did delete these sample rules - you have only two buddy file rules. Which is good.

Please  click <F1> in the File Relation dialog to see how to create a version rule for your CRW/CR2 files. A good start would be:

Link via : File Name
Master Expression: \.(cr2)$
Link Expression: ^(_*{name})[+\-_]*[0-9|a-z]*\.(jpg|jpeg|dng)$

or something along that line. Let us know if you need specific help.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

weixing

Hi,
   Oh... This is what I get after I installed. There is no versioning ([V]) after I selected the CRW and CR2.

Anyway, I created a versioning and copy all the expressions from the buddy files to it and now seem to work.  ;D

Still got some questions, but I'll post as a new topic.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Ferdinand

Quote from: weixing on November 10, 2014, 11:44:16 AM
   Oh... This is what I get after I installed. There is no versioning ([V]) after I selected the CRW and CR2.

I haven't created a new database for a while, so I should have been more careful and done so and found out what IMatch now does in a new DB.  Still, it is good that you have it working.

Mario

IMatch does not create versioning rules by default when you select buddy files in the startup wizard.
No way to produce these in any usable form. But it's only a minute to set one up, just follow the instructions in the help.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Quote from: Mario on November 10, 2014, 04:11:33 PM
IMatch does not create versioning rules by default when you select buddy files in the startup wizard.

So I now see.  Once upon a time there was a sample versioning rule in a new DB, which is why I thought the OP had deleted it.