Thumbnails missing from some folders

Started by FoxbatFlyer, January 29, 2024, 06:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxbatFlyer

Hi Mario,

Sorry, I have another problem that I can't find a solution to.

I added a very large folder to the database (and subfolders) last night. In the process, the HDD that my database is on ran out of space. IMatch informed me about this and I was able to clear up space. I ran the database tool that the program suggested (without any errors showing) and I was successfully able to continue with adding the images.

Today, I have noticed that many of the new subfolders do not show thumbnails, just file-type icons (DNG, PSD, Jpg). Some of the folders show some files as icons and others as thumbnails.

I have tried rescanning individual folders, but this has made no difference.

The images are viewable in the quick viewer and main image viewer (although the thumbnails are missing from the filmstrip). The thumbnails show up in Windows Explorer and Adobe Bridge.

TIA

Mario

Select the files with the problem, press Shift+Ctrl+F5 and choose "Force Rescan" from the options dialog.

Probably there was no disk space to store the thumbnails in the database.
Or (in case of file types like DNG which are processed using Windows WIC) the WIC codec had crashed or something.
The log file (see log file) of that IMatch session is probably gone so no further analytics possible at this time.

If the forced rescan does not resolve the issue, make sure to make a copy of the log file (Help menu > Support) and to ZIP and attach it. This will give us more information to work with.

If you ran out of disk space, it's probably not because of the database but because of the cache folder where IMatch stores cache files. If disk space is low, consider moving the cache folder to a larger disk.
See The Cache and Cache Options.

The IMatch database should always be stored on the fastest disk in the system. SSD storage is way faster than HDD and mandatory for excellent performance.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook