Prioritize background images that are in the current view

Started by afx, June 28, 2013, 04:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afx

When I start to import a tree and then navigate to a subfolder, I'd love to have this subfolder handled prior to the rest of the tree.
Currently I have to wait ages for the background task and see only a mushy image without any metadata.

thx
afx

Mario

Toyed with that in the early Alpha states. Decided against it for complexity reasons.
One of the design goals for IMatch 5 was simplicity. I failed on that, but adding more complexity is never good.

I don't know how many files you add per day. Even after a 10 hour studio session there are usually only between 200 and 1000 shots to process. IMatch 5 ingests them in maybe 15 minutes. That's how long you would have to wait. Fetch a coffee and IMatch will be ready when you come back.

I assume you are currently ingesting a large set of files and pay with the UI at the same time. This is the only situation where the more complex solution you suggest would have a benefit...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

afx

Quote from: Mario on June 28, 2013, 04:39:43 PM
I don't know how many files you add per day. Even after a 10 hour studio session there are usually only between 200 and 1000 shots to process.
Studio session usually produce a low number of images, as you have time and control...
When I come back form a 3h concert I have 500-1000 shots.
When I come back home from a photo vacation it might be significantly more.

QuoteIMatch 5 ingests them in maybe 15 minutes. That's how long you would have to wait. Fetch a coffee and IMatch will be ready when you come back.
Ever heard of instant gratification?
Everything NOW!  This is the age of the short attention span ;-}
I actually started playing Dishonerd while waiting....

QuoteI assume you are currently ingesting a large set of files and pay with the UI at the same time. This is the only situation where the more complex solution you suggest would have a benefit...
It's more like, I import 2013 and the stuff I am interested in is a wedding from the 14th of June...

cheers
afx