Can't print and then can't open imptx file

Started by hamishr, June 25, 2020, 07:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamishr

I have been working on an album of about 50 pages and wanted to print it to pdf. After pressing Ok for print, nothing appeared in the print queue. I tried this three times and still nothing. I then saved everything, got out of Imatch, got back in again and this time found that I could not open this imptx template - nothing happened, whereas other templates opened fine. Attached is a zip file containing the imptx file and the log file. Grateful for any help.

Mario

You are using an outdated version of IMatch.
See IMatch 2020 - What's New? for more information about the current version of IMatch.

For some reason, the print template for a text container (Text Container 45) linked to another container by name contains an empty link name.
This is treated as a hard error, but should be a warning and the container should be unlinked instead. I have fixed that for the next release of IMatch 2020.

To repair your template, I have linked the container to the non-existing text container with the name AAA.
Please find attached the repaired template. Check the Text Container 45 and make sure it is linked to an existing text container.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hamishr

Mario, thank-you for helping me to sort this out. I have a habit of using the scroll wheel on my mouse to scroll pages up - trouble is that this is a bad idea in Design and Print pages because if the mouse is hovering over a field, in this case Data Source, it starts scrolling through the options and corrupting the information. I did get an error this way (the container went red when I think By Specific File was chosen) and then I chose By Container (without checking on the implications) but did not enter the name of the container. What was needed of course was to go back to By Z-order. As I was entering text directly into the field, I really didn't need any of these options.

I have only recently started using Design and Print and am absolutely thrilled with it - it really is the most fantastic utility within IMatch, enabling me to use the vast amount of imagery in my database to do visual storytelling easily in imaginative ways. So thank-you!

Regarding not using the latest version, you will recall that I purchased the latest version but my computer's hardware specs were not up to it - I haven't yet upgraded or replaced my computer so am staying with the old version for the present.

Mario

Quote from: hamishr on June 26, 2020, 08:10:05 AM
I have only recently started using Design and Print and am absolutely thrilled with it - it really is the most fantastic utility within IMatch, enabling me to use the vast amount of imagery in my database to do visual storytelling easily in imaginative ways. So thank-you!

Yes. It is a bit underrated, but if a user wants to create Photo Books or prints in general, Design & Print beats can easily compete with most of the other specialized printing software on the market.

Regarding not using the latest version, you will recall that I purchased the latest version but my computer's hardware specs were not up to it - I haven't yet upgraded or replaced my computer so am staying with the old version for the present.

Luckily, only a handful of users have computers without AVX support in the CPU, and these computers are usually quite old.
When you replace it sooner or later, IMatch 2020/2021/... will be there for you!  :D
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

I understand this, D&P is really very cool.
Your template looks cool, congrats!

If you have time, you may also try out the dynamic template - possibility.
A great thing, create a template and later select some images - and you have everytime a very quickly a good result.
Have fun!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus