Add "Person in Image" (XMP-iptcExt) and Region Name [XMP-mwg-rs]

Started by desmooloch, April 13, 2020, 03:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmooloch

hi,

today i realisied that i have files with person metadata and many with missing.

Example with person metadata (filtered on name felipa):

[XMP-iptcExt]   Person In Image                 : Felipa
[XMP-dc]        Subject                         : Felipa, person, WER
[XMP-lr]        Hierarchical Subject            : WER|person|Felipa
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Name                     : Felipa
[IPTC]          Keywords                        : Felipa, person, WER

Other files with a tagged person have no "Region Name" and no "Person In Image".
I have no clue
a) why they are missing
b) how to create them.

Please help.

Best regard,
desmo

//edit: Seems like the new person feature writes "Region Name" and "Person In Image" properly. Just tested and its written. Seems like IMatch 2019 missed this?! But now i have to create them. But how?

//edit 2: I found the error (bug or feature?!): Metadata is not written for unconfirmed persions (fine!). But its also not written (and no writeback pending) if there is at least one unconfirmed persion. For example: 3 Persons --> 1 confirmed and 2 unconfirmed --> No face metadata written! Seems like a bug.

desmooloch

hmm seems a little more trickier:
I found a picture with approved person and not "Person in Image". But also annotation box for face is missing! Very strange...

Mario

This data is filled and created when you write-back your files dynamically.
IMatch does not bother to keep these tags filled all the time - they are not intended for humans to be viewed or used.
Exception: PersonInImage.

If PersonInImage is not filled or does not contain any person and your have not just started with IMatch, this might be caused by an issue fixed a while ago.
Just assign the same persona again to the face to update PersonsInImage.

Another possible reason is that regions are imported from XMP but the other application has not filled PersonInImage correctly.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

desmooloch

Quote from: Mario on April 13, 2020, 06:24:51 PM
This data is filled and created when you write-back your files dynamically.
IMatch does not bother to keep these tags filled all the time - they are not intended for humans to be viewed or used.
Exception: PersonInImage.

If PersonInImage is not filled or does not contain any person and your have not just started with IMatch, this might be caused by an issue fixed a while ago.
Just assign the same persona again to the face to update PersonsInImage.

Another possible reason is that regions are imported from XMP but the other application has not filled PersonInImage correctly.

It happens with newly imported files (a few days ago) and i did Not use any other application. I have files where i can assign Persons and no personInImage is written.its only written until i confirm all Persons on the picture.

Btw: i dont use direct metadata write-back an i know that its not in the File until write-back. I'm Always using metadatapanel inside imatch and If there is write-back pending i Look at the pencil tooltip to See whats Missing in File. Sometimes after write-back i use integrated exif Tool to take a Look "inside".
But as i stated: imatch does Not write the tags. I will Upload Screenshots.

Mario

Quote.its only written until i confirm all Persons on the picture.

This is correct. PersonInImage, person-related keywords, person-related categories are only assigned to the image when the face is confirmed.

The tags you refer to are not designed to be used by humans. IMatch does not shows them in the Metadata Panel (unless you switch to Browser layout).
They cannot be changed by users (danger!) and IMatch updates them only when it writes back the file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

desmooloch

Quote from: Mario on April 13, 2020, 06:42:49 PM
Quote.its only written until i confirm all Persons on the picture.

This is correct. PersonInImage, person-related keywords, person-related categories are only assigned to the image when the face is confirmed.

The tags you refer to are not designed to be used by humans. IMatch does not shows them in the Metadata Panel (unless you switch to Browser layout).
They cannot be changed by users (danger!) and IMatch updates them only when it writes back the file.

I know that these tags are not "to be used by humans" :) But i wanna know if everything i do in imatch is corretly written to my files.
Why?
1) maybe in future i will not use imatch anymore (no chance!!!!)
2) i have a synology NAS with Photostation. It can show me pictures by persons, but it needs the tags!

And btw: I use "7 XMP IPTCCore / Ext" in Metadatapanel to see "Person In Image" :)

You said that Person In Image is an exception thats written directly. But for me that does not work.
Example: Running face detection and confirming --> No Person In Image written!
See attached picture.

Mario

That was as I remembered it. As you might have noticed, a lot is going on here in the community.
And that is nothing compared to the email flood I have to manage.

Did you write back the file?
Was the personInImage missing or wrong?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

desmooloch

Quote from: Mario on April 14, 2020, 12:11:09 PM
That was as I remembered it. As you might have noticed, a lot is going on here in the community.
And that is nothing compared to the email flood I have to manage.

thanks for your fast and reliable support!

Did you write back the file?
Was the personInImage missing or wrong?

The file is not pending for write-back. If i choose write-back its not written.
personInImage is missing.

If i analyze meta with exif i only have XMP-mg-rs:
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Applied To Dimensions H  : 3000.000000
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Applied To Dimensions Unit: pixel
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Applied To Dimensions W  : 4000.000000
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Area H                   : 0.119333
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Area Unit                : normalized
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Area W                   : 0.090000
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Area X                   : 0.191500
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Area Y                   : 0.678333
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Name                     : Petra
[XMP-mwg-rs]    Region Type                     : Face

Mario

Then just mark one of the metadata tags as updated with the pen icon in the MD panel. Like rating or label. So easy.
Then write back. And then look at the region info in ECP and let me know if there is a problem.

IMatch of course does not write files if they have no updated metadata.
As I said several times now, the complex region info struct is not always synchronized. This would ruin performance and cause unwanted write-backs.
IMatch create the struct dynamically from the face annotations in your image during of write-back.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

desmooloch

Quote from: Mario on April 14, 2020, 01:34:43 PM
Then just mark one of the metadata tags as updated with the pen icon in the MD panel. Like rating or label. So easy.
Then write back. And then look at the region info in ECP and let me know if there is a problem.

sorry i did not mention it but i labeled it already and did a write-back. No personInImage is written.
For now its ok, because Region Name is written.