IM should not recreate face regions if they have been deleted before

Started by ubacher, March 02, 2020, 12:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

If we delete a face region Imatch should remember this so that it will not recreate the region on the next rescan.
This is on the assumption that we delete face regions only because they are wrong (not faces)

Mario

IMatch runs face detection when it sees a new or updated image (externally modified) and the image has no face annotation yet.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

plastikman

Quote from: ubacher on March 02, 2020, 12:59:46 AM
If we delete a face region Imatch should remember this so that it will not recreate the region on the next rescan.
This is on the assumption that we delete face regions only because they are wrong (not faces)

The whole idea is to ignore faces that are wrong? This way you prevent re identification. I don't see what the difference is between deleting or ignoring from a user perspective (beside maybe purely aesthetic reasons)? Currently implementation seems well thought out to me.

Tveloso

Yes, the Ignore Face command is what's needed for this...but I imagine that deleting the Annotation will also work for files that contain other Face Annotations that we do want to keep...(as long as we don't uncheck the option to skip files that already contain Faces when doing future Face Detection operations).

Could the Ignored Faces perhaps be placed onto an automatically-created Annotation Layer, that by default doesn't display in the QuickView Panel?
--Tony