Saved Auto-Stack settings (with possible Auto-Stack macros)

Started by GrantRobertson, March 21, 2020, 09:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrantRobertson

It would be nice to be able to save named Auto-Stack settings for future reuse.

It would be extra nice to be able to save a named list of multiple different Auto-Stack settings, kind of like a small program. It would run a sequence of saved Auto-Stack operations to create all the stacks that a user prescribes. This would enable users to configure all the Auto-Stack operations that they normally perform and assign it to one menu item to be run in one go. By selectively setting up a sequence of Auto-Stack operations one could then create all the stacks one needs in seconds rather than requiring an hour of painstakingly recreating the necessary configurations in the correct order.

Naturally, this is not a rush. I just thought of it and didn't find it in the forum so I figured I would add it to the list.

Mario

Auto-stacking is according to telemetry one of the features in IMatch that it almost never used.
Not sure how much work would be justified, and what you have in mind would probably take a week or two to develop, test and document.

Let's see how many other users +1 this.

IMatch offers endpoints for apps to create stacks. If you have some programming knowledge, you could write yourself an IMatch app which does what you need.

The IMatch Developer Center
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

schwarzvogel

Deutsch

Nur in Ausnahmefällen behalte ich die Einzelaufnahmen von Stacks (Makro-Stacks, Panoramen etc. ...)
Wenn der Stapel zusammengefügt ist und das Endergebnis überzeugt, werden die Einzelaufnahmen gelöscht - man braucht sie dann wirklich nie mehr.  ;D
Nur das Endergebnis wird (vielleicht) in mehreren Varianten bearbeitet und diese werden in IMatch berücksichtigt.
Die Anzahl der Varianten ist meist überschaubar. Zur Unterscheidung nutze ich dann eher die Keywords.
mfG schwarzvogel

GrantRobertson

Quote from: Mario on March 22, 2020, 09:26:18 AM
IMatch offers endpoints for apps to create stacks. If you have some programming knowledge, you could write yourself an IMatch app which does what you need.

My degree is in Computer Science and Education. I am also a former technical writer. I'll take a look at the IMatch development stuff later.