Face recognition

Started by cthomas, April 05, 2020, 06:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

Is there a tutorial that show you how do a Is face recognition. I can't follow the help file.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

You mean a video tutorial? No, not at this time.

Too much is changing with face recognition all the time, while I incorporate user feedback.
Probably I will do a tutorial when things have settled.

But it is not that complicated, really.
The help explains each step, starting with face detection in the File Window. How to create persons. That's basically it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 05, 2020, 07:00:54 PM
You mean a video tutorial? No, not at this time.

Too much is changing with face recognition all the time, while I incorporate user feedback.
Probably I will do a tutorial when things have settled.

But it is not that complicated, really.
The help explains each step, starting with face detection in the File Window. How to create persons. That's basically it.

No just any kind of tutorial. So what are the steps examples: the first step
                                                                  ->> step 2

->> step 3 and so on.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

The People help topic is actually a step-by-step tutorial.
It explains how to make IMatch detect faces, and then how to create persons and assign them to the faces.

I recommend to start here: Running Face Detection
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

claudermilk

I am just getting started with this myself. I read through the help a few times & ran recognition on a few test images.

Really, just follow the help. It leads you through.

I took Mario's advice and pre-defined all the people in my database. I have categories for everyone, so I started with a good list.

From there, I'm just going to grab one person's category and run the recognition on that and go through the confirm process. Then I'll move to the next person, and so on.

I anticipate it will accelerate as more & more people are trained in the database. I'm seeing that it's pretty quick to learn and starts correctly identifying my primary person pretty accurately after only 3-5 images. Then most of my work is setting other people in the image (either others in my database or bystanders to ignore).