Phantom files

Started by erichaas, January 21, 2020, 05:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erichaas

I set up a category with the following formula: "@Attribute[People.Name,regexp,Name]"

The Categories window says there are two files with this attribute. If I hover the mouse over the category, it shows two empty boxes in a pop up. The file window says there are no files to display, however.  I've tried changing the Show Hierarchy settings, but still no files are shown. If I try to delete the value "Name" from the set, IMatch tells me there are files which refer to this value in their attributes, and won't let me delete it.

Database Diagnostics finds no errors.

Any idea what's going on and how I can fix it?

Mario

I don't understand. Please provide more details. Like, what you are seeing (screen shot crop). The setup of your Attribute set. Where you have created the category. "Name" in your expression is the name of the person? Did you create the category after filling the Attribute data? Or did you fill the Attribute data later?

I've just made a quick check with one of the attribute formulas I use:

"@Attribute[Submissions.prj,regexp,lon-43]"

This returns all files with prj=lon-43 in the Submissions set. Works perfect.

If you cannot delete an Attribute from a set you have a reference to that Attribute in another set. IMatch tells you that. Remove the reference to "Name" in the other set first.
This is unrelated to categories.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

erichaas

Never mind, I figured out what was going on and was able to fix it.