IMatch in a large networked Apple/Mac environment??

Started by BanjoTom, January 08, 2020, 07:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanjoTom

I was extolling the many virtues of IMatch to the director of a university-based statewide oral history archive just yesterday, and he seemed very interested. 

BUT -- he said most of their current computer environment is running on Apple/Mac systems.  I told him that IMatch is designed for up-to-date Windows computers, but wonder if his offices might be able to find value in IMatch anyway. 

Idea #1: I've read before that some Apple/Mac users do run IMatch via a Windows emulator, for instance, Parallels.  Does that work well?

Idea #2: Alternatively/additionally: if the oral history archive added one or more Windows PCs to run IMatch, could they still index and access file resources that reside on Apple/Mac servers in their network? 
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Mario

#2 : In general: if Windows can access these files, IMatch can work with them.

That said, Appel is always, always very special, especially when it comes to networks...  ::)

But a "university-based statewide..." should have the funds to rent something from companies like Canto, FotoWare, Extensis, AssetBank, Widen or one of the other corporate DAM vendors. This is not the typical environment to deploy a 100US$ software product like IMatch :D The big players have sales departments, on-site consulting and all that's needed to handle such projects.

Thanks for advertising IMatch, though. Much appreciated  :)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook