just wondering

Started by peterverm, December 08, 2019, 06:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterverm

Hello,

just wondering : where does IMatch stores the user presets of Image Batch Processor ?
1) i don't find them with file explorer on my computer
2) when restoring with Pack & GO on another computer, they are not present any more.

I did an export / import, this works fine.  So i have no blocking problem.  But wondering ...

And i have exactly the same questions and same solution for File Window Layout.

Thanks,

Peter

Mario

All IMatch Settings are stored in the settings database.
Batch Processor presets are user-specific . Do you use the same user name on both computers?
If not, see User Name Alias
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

peterverm

Works perfectly.  Bravo IMatch and thank you helpdesk.

For the context : i am Windows 7, my username is 'peter'.  I want to test IMatch on the Windows 10 computer of my wife, her username is 'averhetsel'.

IMatch software is on both computers on C:\Program Files\photools.com\imatch6.

Maybe something to mention in the helptext : I thought that i had to set 'User name alias' = 'peter' on my W7 computer, that it would be a parameter for making the pack.  But after IMatch restarts the 'User name alias' = empty again.  I cannot set 'peter'.  Maybe IMatch detects that 'peter' is already the username on the W7 computer ?

So i have set 'User name alias' = 'peter' on the W10 computer, before restoring the pack.  And indeed, after the restore, all is OK.

Regards,

Peter

Mario

The settings are stored linked to 'Peter' on your W7 system.
The W10 has a different user name. You have to set the user name to 'Peter' on the W10 box so it uses 'Peter' when accessing the settings, not the Windows user name.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook