Zooming in Map Panel with Wacom Tablet

Started by grauschaf, December 02, 2019, 01:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grauschaf

I try to see if using IMatch with the Tablet Wacom Intuos Pro makes sense. My impression: The operation is more efficient in almost all cases. Only in the Map Panel I have problems. Zooming with the pen in the Map Panel only works when I have clicked into the panel with the mouse. A click with the pen into the panel is not enough.
Does anyone have a solution for me? I would be very happy ;)

Mario

Which map provider do you use?
Browser windows may react on zoom events only when they are active. Does your tablet make the window it zooms active?
Web browsers like the map panel usually react on mouse and other events only when focused/active. To make it active, tab or click before you attempt to zoom.

IMatch uses some tricks to "forward" mouse event to the window under the cursor (even when not active).
IMatch does not do that for pen events (I don't even know which events your pen raises. Usually it should send the same events as a mouse).
How to you "zoom" with your pen? There is no documented zoom event for pens in Windows.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

grauschaf

Hi Mario
In the map Panel I use Open Streetmap. Clicking the map with the mouse activates the map window and I'm able to zoom and pan with the Wacom pen. Clicking the map window with the pen (when it is not active) removes the focus from the file viewer window but I'm not able to zoom in the map with the pen. The File Window is scrolling instead. Panning in the map works perfect in this case.
Trying the same with google maps in the browser zooming works fine.

I thought you are using a wacom tablet as well. But if you don't, don't put too much effort into my problem. I'm doing fine without the pen in the map window.

Gerd

grauschaf

I have just discovered something maybe interesting: It's not nessesary to click the map window with the mouse. Just placing the mouse cursor into the map without clicking enables the zooming with the pen. Moving the cursor with the mouse to another window (without clicking) disables the zoom function with pen.

Mario

As I said above, IMatch uses special code to forward mouse messages to the window under the cursor. This allows you to scroll windows which are not active (which is comfortable). IMatch does not to the same trick for pens. I have never considered that and my understanding was that the pen has to simulate the mouse, thus sending the same events to Windows, which then sends them to IMatch, which then does the same trick. Apparently this is not the case for your device / driver / tablet software. When you hover the pen in the air, Windows may not know where you are pointing at...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook