Database warnings after upgrade to 2019.8.4

Started by ThomasAdams, August 31, 2019, 10:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasAdams

After updating IMatch, I was prompted and chose to upgrade my 3 databases. After each upgrade I allowed the database diagnostics to run. Upon completion I was presented with no errors, but I did have Files warnings. I opened the logfile and saw for each file an entry like this:

QuoteWarning: Failed to load file [13745] with error 10020

Running Diagnostics again and the warnings are no longer present. Is this due to the diagnostics running just after a database upgrade and perhaps due to some sort of lock on the files?

Regards,
Tom

Mario

I don't know how often you run database diagnostics (IMatch prompts once a week) so this might be an 'old' glitch.
The 10020 error means "file not found in database", which can be caused by many things. For example if a category or collection has a reference to a file that no longer exists in the database. Or similar.
This can happen if something goes wrong while you work with IMatch or if IMatch crashes or in case of a power failure.

The diagnosis can detect such minor glitches and repair them. They are usually not harmful and can be ignored after repair.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ThomasAdams

Thank you Mario. I run it before upgrading the databases and allow it to run afterwards. It is very fast on my new computer so if it prompts me to run, I allow it. As I said, it does not give the warning on subsequent tests, so it appears to have corrected the issue or determine that there is no longer an issue. I thought I would mention it just in case.

Regards,
Tom