When it's off-line

Started by cthomas, August 28, 2019, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

When I get this message.  Does it mean I can still find it somewhere on my computer? Or not?   :(
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Do you mean a folder is off-line (yellow icon showing next to the folder) or a file is off-line (yellow icon showing in the file panel in the File Window)?

In principle, this means that IMatch cannot find the folder/file on your hard disk anymore.
This happens if you move, rename or delete a folder/file outside of IMatch. Did you do that?

See this help topic for more info: Off-line Folders and Files
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on August 28, 2019, 11:48:06 PM
Do you mean a folder is off-line (yellow icon showing next to the folder) or a file is off-line (yellow icon showing in the file panel in the File Window)?

In principle, this means that IMatch cannot find the folder/file on your hard disk anymore.
This happens if you move, rename or delete a folder/file outside of IMatch. Did you do that?

See this help topic for more info: Off-line Folders and Files

This is what they look like. Where should this folder be located?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

sinus

Go to the file and Click Ctlr G

This brings you to the folder, where this file has been.

If the whole folder is gone, I do not know.

But the help, as Mario pointed out, should do, what it is for: help.  :D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

If the folder is off-line (also shows a yellow warning symbol next to the folder name):

1. Did you delete the folder (e.g. in Windows Explorer or another application)?
Then it's gone. You can right-click the folder name in IMatch's Media & Folders View and choose the "Remove from Database" command.

- or -

2. Did you move or rename the folder outside of IMatch?
In that case you must find the folder (e.g. in Windows Explorer).
When you have found it, right-click the folder name in IMatch and select "Relocate" from the context menu.
This allows you to tell IMatch the new name / location of the folder.

See: Relocate to Repair Off-line Disks, Folders and Files
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook