Author Topic: Time Line Problem  (Read 112 times)

erichaas

• New Members
Time Line Problem
« on: August 14, 2019, 09:06:30 PM »
All of the sudden, I have a group of photos taken on 2013-10-21 that started showing up in the timeline at 2019-08-07. I did a Rescan - Force Update on them, and now they're showing up in the timeline with today's date. The metadata window shows Date Digitized, Date Created, and Date Modified as 10/21/2013. Database diagnostics reports no errors.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Time Line Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 10:36:02 PM »
See How IMatch uses Date and Time Information

What does the variable {File.DateTime} show (VarToy App) or the date/time Attribute in the File Window? These are derived from the XMP timestamps of your files.

erichaas

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 10:52:40 PM »
{File.DateTime} and the date/time Attribute in the File Window both show today's date.

erichaas

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 04:32:13 AM »
Okay, I fixed the problem. I copied the files to a folder outside of the database, then deleted the images from IMatch. I moved the files back into the original folder and rescanned the folder. They are now showing up correctly in the timeline.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 08:25:23 AM »
When this happens again:

1. Secure the IMatch log file (copy it). See log file
2. Do a forced rescan of the problem file by selecting it and then pressing Shift+Ctrl+F5

Note all relevant info, like which other apps were running at the time etc.
If ExifTool cannot read the EXIF timestamps in your files for some reason, we should see more info in the log file.