SQLite database support and...Lightroom Catalogs?

Started by Mario, November 14, 2017, 01:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

For a side project I've added rudimentary and experimental support for working with SQLite databases to IMWS.
I can create/open SQLite database, perform read and write operations and close databases again.

Even tables with 1 million or more records a no problem.
A SELECT for a table with 500,000 rows takes about 5 seconds - after that the data has been completely loaded into a JavaScript array and is ready for processing!
(Tested against local IMatch with a database on SSD).
Of course one can also process such large tables (or tables 100 times as big) in manageable batches using the standard SQL OFFSET and LIMIT clauses.

I'm not yet sure if I include these endpoints in the IMWS versions shipped to customers. There are a few of these endpoint groups which are not available in all versions of IMWS.

But...

Since I now have this, I wonder if it would make sense to do a bít of reverse-engineering and an an import app which can import data from an Adobe Lightroom catalog...
I've rummaged around a bit in a .lrcat file and there seem to be some bits of info which could be put to good use in IMatch.

For example, a new user starting with IMatch could use that import module to tell IMatch which folders to add to the database ("same folders as I have in Lr").
There is also some data about the (smart) collections, face data etc. which we could maybe import into IMatch.

If you are using Lr, would there be anything you would like to import into IMatch?
Let me know below.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

philburton

Quote from: Mario on November 14, 2017, 01:47:09 PMFor a side project I've added rudimentary and experimental support for working with SQLite databases to IMWS.
I can create/open SQLite database, perform read and write operations and close databases again.

Even tables with 1 million or more records a no problem.
A SELECT for a table with 500,000 rows takes about 5 seconds - after that the data has been completely loaded into a JavaScript array and is ready for processing!
(Tested against local IMatch with a database on SSD).
Of course one can also process such large tables (or tables 100 times as big) in manageable batches using the standard SQL OFFSET and LIMIT clauses.

I'm not yet sure if I include these endpoints in the IMWS versions shipped to customers. There are a few of these endpoint groups which are not available in all versions of IMWS.

But...

Since I now have this, I wonder if it would make sense to do a bít of reverse-engineering and an an import app which can import data from an Adobe Lightroom catalog...
I've rummaged around a bit in a .lrcat file and there seem to be some bits of info which could be put to good use in IMatch.

For example, a new user starting with IMatch could use that import module to tell IMatch which folders to add to the database ("same folders as I have in Lr").
There is also some data about the (smart) collections, face data etc. which we could maybe import into IMatch.

If you are using Lr, would there be anything you would like to import into IMatch?
Let me know below.

Mario,

Just wondering if you still are interested in responses to this old thread.

Mario

This thread is seven years old.

Since then I've developed a Lightroom Importer for IMatch (see Import & Export Panel) and it was used heavily back in the day, when users migrated away from Lightroom to other RAW processors and IMatch when Lightroom became subscription only.

I have not maintained the Lightroom Importer app in the last couple of years since it is not used anymore.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook