Design and Print --> Imatch Anywhere --> QR-Codes

Started by Frank, May 11, 2019, 06:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

One other question.

Is it possible to get the URL of a movie or even a picture out of Imatch Anywhere to insert it into a QR-Code of Design and Print.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Mario

I don't understand...

IMatch Design & Print is a built-in part of IMatch and has nothing to do with IMatch Anywhere.
Design & Print already supports embedding QR codes via the QR Container type. See QR-Code Containers

What do you want to do?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Frank

I would like to create a QR- Code within Imatch. This works fine!

While creating a QR-Code you have to enter a string. This string can be a full filepath to the original image or video. How to do this is clear!

Now my question.

Is it possible to get the whole URL of one Image and movie out of imatch anywhere which can later be used to create a QR-Code within Design and Print?

My goal is while I look into my photobook I would like to open the e.g. corresponding video over imatch anywhere. Therfore I need to enter the valid URL within the QR-Code. For me I would not like to open the video over a valid filepath because of security reasons. I have entered many rules in imatch anywhere and only if you have permission you can view the movie.

Does this makes things more clear

regards
Frank

Mario

QuoteIs it possible to get the whole URL of one Image and movie out of imatch anywhere which can later be used to create a QR-Code within Design and Print?

You can right-click the image in IMatch Anywhere WebViewer (Copy image address or similar, depends on your browser)  to get the URL or the "preview image" used in that context. IMatch Anywhere WebViewer uses different-sized preview images for different contexts (file window, viewer).

But IMatch Anywhere protects file access via a session token, so you cannot just access files on your IMA isystem from the outside, not without being logged in properly.  The links expire when the session expires or closes. This is a security feature.

If you want to access your files from the outside without any protection, you need to setup a dedicated web server. Especially if you plan to view videos, you need a web server which video streaming extensions.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Frank

Thanks for the answer,
But I would like to get the security feature out of imatch anywhere and the posibility using a QR-Code for opening a specific full picture or movie.

copy the image adress does work for images. Unfortunality without security from imatch anywhere. Because I can open the image even I am logged out of Imatch anywhere. But this is not the topic of that ticket.

If I understand it right: There is no way to get one image/movie out of imatch anywhere as a full qualified url. Important there is that the image has to be original size and the movie has to be the full  movie.

Ok, I have to re think about how to get it done.

regards
Frank

Mario

IMatch Anywhere has functions to stream the original file, via the "download" endpoint family.
But these are protected by a session token and user privileges. You cannot "remove" security from IMWS, it's a central built-in feature.

If you need something like this, setup a custom web server like Apache of NGinx on your machine and configure it to serve the files you want.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Frank

Would it work with "download" endpoint family
AND imatch anywhere Security?

While opening the  Movie the user is forced to enter username and passwort and than the Movie is streamed.
Regards
Frank

Mario

No. IMatch Anywhere WebServices is not a web server. it does no basic HTTP auth or OAuth or anything.

You can call IMWS endpoints from anywhere. IMatch Anywhere WebViewer. Your browser. Your custom app. A script.
But all endpoints demand proper authentication and this means that you first need to create an IMWS session via the /authenticate endpoint, and then call whatever other endpoint you need.

One could envision a plain script-driven HTML page which takes the file to download from a URL parameter. The page then prompts the user for a IMWS user name and password, and then forwards to the /download endpoint. Basically a reverse proxy, kind-of. This requires some know-how in HTML, JavaScript or maybe PHP or whatever. Doable, though.

But then you would need an external web server anyway (the built-in web server in IMWS is not designed to be used in potentially security-critical environments) and then it is much easier to just serve the files directly, without using IMWS at all. If all you need is a web server that serves video files, you don't need IMatch Anywhere. Every NAS or Windows PC can do that.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator