3d-images

Started by sinus, October 10, 2018, 08:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi all
We are trying out some d3-files.
In our case at the moment we try "AgiSoft PhotoScan Standard", what works with files-extensions "psx".
(I had to add it to the file-formats in IMatch, worked perfect).

It creates at the moment a thumb like in my attachement.

Has someone experiences with 3D-stuff, whatever, what software using, tips or other information?

Since we do ony try, we are very new on this business, but it is quite fascinating.

added:
and in the above mentioned file (psx) stays only 2 lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<document version="1.2.0" path="{projectname}.files/project.zip"/>

hence it seems normal for me, that there could be no image or whatever in IMatch.  8)

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Which file class have you configured for this format? If you use Image or Multimedia, IMatch will try to get a thumbnail from the operating system, If the application is implemented correctly it should supply a thumbnail handler for Windows. Which it does not, as it seems. Nothing I can do about this.

I only know the PSX file format from the Playstation, it's one of the default save formats. Companies should really learn that file extensions with only 3 letters are no longer required. Using longer extensions would avoid many problems.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on October 10, 2018, 09:20:39 AM
Which file class have you configured for this format? If you use Image or Multimedia, IMatch will try to get a thumbnail from the operating system, If the application is implemented correctly it should supply a thumbnail handler for Windows. Which it does not, as it seems. Nothing I can do about this.

I only know the PSX file format from the Playstation, it's one of the default save formats. Companies should really learn that file extensions with only 3 letters are no longer required. Using longer extensions would avoid many problems.

Thanks, Mario
I had it configured as Vector.

Now I changed it to Multimedia, and did a "Force rescan", then the same with Image.
Id did not change something, the preview is the same.

But since there seems only to be a link in this files

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<document version="1.2.0" path="{projectname}.files/project.zip"/>

I can see, that it is not possible to preview something else out of the file.

But thats is ok, no problem for me. All is fine.

And yes, 3D is new for me, hence I will have to lern a lot.

I believe (but I am not sure) the attached file is used for texture, looks funny, it is a simple jpg (but it looks the same in PS, hence IMatch makes all correct).

Gives you a puzzle: do you (or someone else guess, what modell this is? (it is not too difficult  ;D)

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

The image looks normal for a 3D scan (before stitching) or a texture. Old analog Nikon with a good 1.4 Japan 50mm  ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook