IMatch Anywhere 2018 - Sneak Peak

Started by Mario, September 19, 2018, 10:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

I'm spending 85% of my development time finalizing IMatch Anywhere 2018. It has become a big bigger than I'd anticipated and hence it took a bit longer than estimated to finish it. And since it contains so many new things, problems are inevitable and need to be solved when they show up.

Yesterday I have almost finished one of the last 'new' things for the IMatch Anywhere WebViewer - the new Viewer Dashboard.

The dashboard is a small bar that is displayed at the top of the Viewer, allowing you to see and modify rating, label, like status and all IMatch collections.
I'm still working on the usability, e.g. making sure that the info is visible whatever the image looks like (e.g. clean black or white at the top), that it can be used by mouse and touch.

IMatch Anywhere WebViewer also has extended keyboard support. There are many keyboard shortcuts to speed up selection, launching the Viewer or the File Lens. When possible I will also add hotkeys for the most frequent tasks in the Viewer, like 0 to 5 for rating, R(eject) etc. This speeds up processing for all users who use IMatch Anywhere WebViewer on devices with a keyboard.

This is how the dashboard looks in the Viewer:

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Looking good Mario... and thanks for the keyboard shortcuts.. :-)

Mario

I've implemented the same as in IMatch, e.g. Rating 0..5 and <Del> for reject. Labels Shift+1..Shift+5 etc. Easy to learn for new users, already known to IMatch users.

L is for toggling the like status in the Viewer. In the File window you use L and Alt+L (because here the command must work with multiple files which may have different like states).

With <D> you can show/hide the dashboard in case you want to 'just view' your files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Wonderful!  Just had my in-laws up for a visit and was they requested to view some photos from a recent vacation I went on... they were all prepared to huddle around my 27" monitor in my office.. but I said how about we view them on the 55" TV instead?   ::)   Needless to say - sitting on the couch and viewing the images in that fashion was a lot more comfortable and worked flawlessly using my Beelink M1 mini-PC attached to the TV with my Kuman mini bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo!  Thx Mario!!

Mario

Excellent. That's one of the many uses of IMatch Anywhere.
Being able to rate and label and to edit metadata while sitting on your couch may be welcome by many.

I'm sure being able to edit rating/label/metadata (with per-user access control of course) and letting users download 'processed' files in addition to originals will make IMatch 2018 a "must have" upgrade for many users. Because then IMatch 2018 offers a lot of what the multi-1000$ per year big vendor DAMs offer - at a fraction of the cost  ;D
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator