Email and Catalog Sets

Started by pauldymond, September 14, 2018, 01:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauldymond

A couple of different questions here. When setting up to email images in iMatch the software is not recognising my default email software (Windows Live) even though it is marked as the Default Program in the control panel. Is there any way to get the software to recognise it or do I have to put it in manually?

Also as a long-time user of MediaPro and thinking of moving over to iMatch is there any way of transferring Catalog Sets into Categories, including having nested Catalog Sets appear as Child Categories?

Thanks for the help.

Mario

1. IMatch uses the built-in email features (MAPI) in Windows. These are independent from whatever email client you have installed.
This is just a basic feature, to quickly send images without too much fuzz. You can always compose your emails in your favorite mail client and then drag and drop images from IMatch to the 'editor' to attach them - most mail clients support that. If you need to batch-process files before sending, run the Batch Processor in IMatch and drag and drop the results into your email client.

2. I have no idea what MediaPro stores "Catalog Sets" are or where they are stored. As far as I recall they use a proprietary and non-documented database structure. I have not used MediaPro for a long time.
Can MediaPro somehow persist the catalogs an image belongs to in Metadata (e.g., hierarchical keywords)?
In that case you can let IMatch create data-driven categories based on that data.

Does MediaPro support any standard export formats or ways to export "Catalog Sets" to some text file or XML file or something? In that case there is a chance to import the data with a purpose-built app.

I did a quick net search on Media Pro export catalog but found nothing really useful...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook