Windows Update Impacts

Started by jch2103, May 15, 2018, 01:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jch2103

In case this helps anyone, my computers just updated to Windows 10, version 1803, which makes a number of system changes. One of these is apparently deletion of a number of firewall settings, including deletion of the IMatch Anywhere firewall settings. In my case the easiest way to restore them was to reinstall IMA. No issues w/ IMA after that.
John

Mario

I did not see this effect on two W10 computers which were upgraded this week.
Probably something that happened only on your PC, or on some PCs. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. In case another user reports a problem I'm now prepared.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

dkorman

My experience with the recent update which might affect you:

One of the three W10 machines I recently updated started having stability issues following the update.  After too many hours, I discovered that the virtual memory paging file had been reset to drive C, an SSD, which is small, from a previously assigned large capacity disk drive.  Since changing the paging file back to the hard drive, stability seems to be restored.  I hope this was a fluke, but you may want to check just in case you notice some new behavioral issues with Windows.  Now if I could just figure out what Microsoft did to my networking!