Attributes not deleted?

Started by sinus, March 23, 2018, 10:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario

I have searched Attributes via the Window-search-bar.
But I have not found the searched values.

Hence I made a check in the Attributes, as you can see in the Attributes, there are some entries with values, but the filename is missing.
And exactly these files I cannot find.

Hence my guess and question:

Because the filenames are missing in the Attributes, are these files deleted, I guess, yes.
If so, why these entries were not automatically deleted, when a file has been deleted?

Can I simply delete all these lines in the browser of the Attributes?

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Did you experience a crash or a power failure?
Used an app that works with Attributes?
Is the database diagnosis clean?
No errors or warnings in the log file? If IMatch cannot find a file for Attributes for whatever reason it should at least log some warnings or errors.
Attributes use referential integrity technology and when a file is deleted, all linked Attributes are supposed to be automatically deleted by the database system.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on March 23, 2018, 01:29:16 PM
Did you experience a crash or a power failure?
Used an app that works with Attributes?
Is the database diagnosis clean?
No errors or warnings in the log file? If IMatch cannot find a file for Attributes for whatever reason it should at least log some warnings or errors.
Attributes use referential integrity technology and when a file is deleted, all linked Attributes are supposed to be automatically deleted by the database system.

No crash, no log warning, the diagnosis is fine.
Yes, I use two apps for Attributes, your own "notes"  :D and the on Thorsten scripted (calculations).
But both apps had nothing to do with these attributes-set.

I think, I will simply delete these lines and that's it.
Markus

Mario

Can you upload the database somewhere? So I can analyze it and enhance the diagnosis.

I have never had a similar report and. from a technical database standpoint, there cannot be Attributes which are not linked to any file...
At least not without a bad crash in just the wrong moment, together with some other external conditions.
And the diagnosis should also detect such problems. I'm not even sure how to produce such a situation...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on March 23, 2018, 03:06:40 PM
Can you upload the database somewhere? So I can analyze it and enhance the diagnosis.

I have never had a similar report and. from a technical database standpoint, there cannot be Attributes which are not linked to any file...
At least not without a bad crash in just the wrong moment, together with some other external conditions.
And the diagnosis should also detect such problems. I'm not even sure how to produce such a situation...

Sorry, Mario, I was too fast, I have already deleted all empty lines.  :-[

Then I thought, fine, Macrium will solve it, I do make a recover from a backup ... phew, works not until now, Macrium displays always an error "not readable".
The old thing, trust not a backup, before you did a restoring.

I will look into this.
Markus

Mario

Quoteworks not until now, Macrium displays always an error "not readable".

That's not good. I use Macrium for over 3 years now, and have always been able to restore both "image" and "file" backups.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator