Search for keywords

Started by pajaro, September 01, 2013, 06:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pajaro

Is there a way how to search for images containing keyword A but NOT keyword B? I couldn't find it anywhere in the help file or in the forum...

Thanks.

Pavel

BenAW

Quote from: pajaro on September 01, 2013, 06:25:24 PM
Is there a way how to search for images containing keyword A but NOT keyword B? I couldn't find it anywhere in the help file or in the forum...
As usual several ways to do this;
- under @Keywords select keyword A, filter on Keyword B, invert filter.
- in the category builder create a formula like keyword A NOT keyword B, select category @Builder

and probably other options as well.

Mario

Other methods:

In the Filter Panel make sure that the Value Filter is visible.
In the drop-down list of the Value Filter, select "Keywords".

IMatch now shows a list of all keywords assigned to one or more files currently in the file window.
Click once in the box in front of your keyword "A" to include all files with that keyword.
Click twice in the box in front of your keyword "B" to exclude all files with that keyword.

The filter panel works on the current scope (what you see in the file window). So select a folder, disk, media, the entire database to control on which set of files the filter operates.

If you want to find all files in your entire database with A NOT B, select the Database node.
If you want to find only files on a given disk, or in a given category, collection or time line node (year, month...) select that and the file window / filter will do the rest.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pajaro

Thank you both! It works perfectly  :).