Plus and Anywhere upgrade policy

Started by tokumeino, November 21, 2017, 07:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokumeino

Assuming that :

• Anywhere could be upgraded to a new major version Q1 2018
  • iMatch could be upgraded to a new major version Q4 2018

then...

• If I buy Plus now (and plan to upgrade iMatch Q4 2018, will I need to pay for the Q1 Anywhere upgrade ?
  • Depending on the previous point, if I buy Plus now, and pay for an Anywhere Q1 upgrade, wille there be a special "Plus" upgrade plan for the iMatch part Q4 2018 ?
  • Still depending on the first point, if I buy Plus now, and don't need to pay for the Anywhere Q1 upgrade, will I need to upgrade iMatch in Q4 on a Plus fare basis, or only on a iMatch fare basis ?
  • If I buy iMatch now and Anywhere Q1, and if I upgrade iMatch Q4 2018, will Anywhere 2018 continue to work even after several iMatch upgrades in 2019, 2020... ?

On a regular basis, what's the usuel upgrade discount wrt full first-time retail price (iMatch, Anywhere and Plus) ?

Mario

QuoteIf I buy Plus now (and plan to upgrade iMatch Q4 2018, will I need to pay for the Q1 Anywhere upgrade ?

If you buy a Plus edition, you can only upgrade to a Plus edition.
My distributor does not cross-updates between products. IMatch, IMatch Anywhere and IMatch Anywhere Plus are separate product lines and treated as such.

IMatch => IMatch
IMatch Anywhere => IMatch Anywhere
IMatch Anywhere Plus => IMatch Anywhere Plus
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

tokumeino

OK. Since you charge for major upgrades only, does a major Anywhere upgrade induce a Plus upgrade, and does an iMatch upgrade induce a Plus upgrade ? This would answer questions 2 and 3.

For question 1, there is the 6 months thing so I guess that answer is "no".

For question 4, it depends if you ensure backward compatibility between products. Do you ?

And the general question : given a product, what's the usual % rebate for an upgrade, wrt a full priced licence ?

Mario

My head is spinning. I did not think this through yet.

IMatch Anywhere 1.0 was released in December 2016 and I've kept it up-to-date since then, even when I released IMatch 2017 in May.
I will figure something out that is fair until all the upgrades are due.
For now, I'm a lot more concerned about getting everything working, stable and awesome.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook