Problem downloading IMATCH 5 Beta

Started by Ranger1700, June 25, 2013, 03:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger1700

Having followed the discussions on the development of IMATCH 5, I was delighted to see it on public trial. However I am now experiencing difficulty in downloading it.

I have followed Mario's guide to the point of being offered the "download this product" link for both the Beta and my current version (3.6.0.118). However on selecting the Beta link, Explorer (version 8) searches for the file, then after about 30 seconds returns the error:

"Internet explorer cannot download secure_download,php from secure.photoolsweb.com.
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

I have had this problem on both my laptop (Vista) and desktop (XP). Initially I thought the server my be overloaded with download requests, but this has gone on all of yesterday evening and today.

Any suggestions pleasssssssssssssse!

Tom

Mario

IMatch 5 is downloaded very often right now and you are the first user reporting problems.
Maybe the server was just temporarily overloaded?

Always left-click, don't use "save as" or something.

If you use a download accelerator or something similar, temporarily disable it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Menace

@Ranger1700: I always have problem with downloading IMatch 5: It stopped, before it is finished. I guess it is because of my poor bandwidth of my DSL. Since I use Opera 12.15 I can resume the download and finishing it. Maybe a solution. 

Ranger1700

Thanks for the quick replies so far. I will keep trying and see what happens.

Mario you must have a 48 hour day! Working on IMATCH, and keeping an eye on this forum. I have a fibre optic connection so don't require any download accelerator, and was left clicking . I also closed down my firewall temporaraly, in case that was causing any blocks, its just that after 8 hours of trying (on and off) I thought I would have made some connection.

Menace, My problem is that IE is not finding the file and it times out. At the moment I don't have another browser installed, but if that would work I'll download one. I'm just keen to see IMATCH 5 in action.

Tom

bonsai

Maybe you can try Firefox, the better browser  ;)

Ranger1700

Update

Bonsai, Having nothing to loose I installed Firefox. IMatch 5 Beta downloaded first time without any problems  :)

Now the fun starts!

Once again thanks Mario; Menace and Bonsai for quick responses.

Tom

Mario

I test the customerWeb sie with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome. Just made a test with IE, the download starts immediately.
Maybe you have installed some security software in IE, or a plug-in which interferes?

I'm not a fan of IE because of the of the weird security warnings you get. For a software like IMatch, new users see something like "This program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer". Huh? Nonsense. How many downloads does IMatch need before IE considers it "commonly downloaded"? IE seems to favor only downloads made from big vendors, repelling potential users of software written by ISV's or open source projects...

And don't get me started about Windows' scary security warnings you get when you install a software which has not been signed by a software certificate. So far I was unwilling to spend between 450 and 800 US$ for two years (!) just to get such a certificate...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ranger1700

Quote from: Mario on June 25, 2013, 06:44:18 PM

Maybe you have installed some security software in IE, or a plug-in which interferes?

Mario that's possible, never experienced download problems before. Still all now resolved - I'm a very happy bunny right now.

Tom

claudermilk

Quote from: Mario on June 25, 2013, 06:44:18 PM
I'm not a fan of IE because of the of the weird security warnings you get. For a software like IMatch, new users see something like "This program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer". Huh? Nonsense. How many downloads does IMatch need before IE considers it "commonly downloaded"? IE seems to favor only downloads made from big vendors, repelling potential users of software written by ISV's or open source projects...

I think it's just barking about you downloading an exe file, not specifically the IMatch installer. That & the security cert thing is just CYA for Microsoft. Too many users saying "but nobody told me!"  ::) Makes me think too much of the favorite excuse of my 8-year-old nephew I am now caring for.

ilan

I am not able to download IMatch 5 Beta. Downloading IMatch 3 from the the same page works fine but clicking on the IMatch 5 download link does not start the download. I have tried this with Internet Explorer, Firefox and with Chrome. I tried it even with Firefox running on Ubuntu. (Ubuntu is running on the same dual boot PC .)
Copying the download link to the address bar in the browser does not work either. https://secure.photoolsweb.com/customerweb/secure_download.php?pid=21 changes to https://secure.photoolsweb.com/customerweb/default.php.
Any idea how I can get the Beta download?

Regards,
Ilan

markbt

I'm having the same issue, I guess it's just overloaded...

ovrevid

Same issue here. First time I've had such problems (and I have downloaded every beta since 5.0.60). The Imatch 3 link works without any problem in both Firefox and IE.

I guess the users are recovering from the announcement shock and is downloading like crazy  8)

Br
Vidar
-- Vidar

Mario

Can you please retry. I just checked in IE and Firefox and it works...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

ovrevid

Worked now  :). For a moment I thought this was the punishment for not getting the translation ready for the public beta. I will improve, I promise  :-[

Vidar
-- Vidar