Cannot rename folder

Started by BanjoTom, September 08, 2017, 10:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanjoTom

Why would I be unable to rename a folder created in "Media & Folders"?  I get the warning (attached) when I try.  I've also attached a zipped log file, if that will help identify my problem.  As far as I know, both the folder and the files in it are NOT "read-only," and I should have full rights to do anything I want to them. . .
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

jch2103

Did you try renaming via Windows Explorer (to help assure it's not a permissions issue)?
John

cthomas

Quote from: BanjoTom on September 08, 2017, 10:53:19 PM
Why would I be unable to rename a folder created in "Media & Folders"?  I get the warning (attached) when I try.  I've also attached a zipped log file, if that will help identify my problem.  As far as I know, both the folder and the files in it are NOT "read-only," and I should have full rights to do anything I want to them. . .

"As far as I know, both the folder and the files in it are NOT "read-only" You should be able to look at the properties and that will tell you if it is "read-only".
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Did you try to close and re-open IMatch? Maybe IMatch was currently scanning the folder, or your virus checker was blocking it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

I have this problem every now and then. I think I reported it before.
Only thing that helps is closing an reopening Imatch. It must be Imatch itself which holds (locks)
the folder and forgets to release it.

Mario

IMatch does not have features to lock folders or files.

Do you have the Preivew Panel open? In that case, when this happens again, close it. Probably Windows WIC is locking one or more files in that folder - this seems to happen sometimes, especially when virus checkers are running.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

BanjoTom

Closing down IMatch and restarting Windows did it!
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA