Moving the whole database to a new folder. How?

Started by DONUSA, August 02, 2017, 01:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DONUSA

I need to move the whole database.  After reading the documentation about moving files and using relocate, I am still not clear how this can be done with the whole database?  I also need to move the MetaData folder.  These are both in a folder that is going to disappear soon when the HDD gets reorganized.  The iMatch application itself runs on a different HDD and it can stay where it is.  I just need to move the data it points to. 

Mario

Moving a database is simple. Just copy the .imd5 file to another folder.

But I think you mean that you want to move the files indexed by your database to another disk?
In that case, just relocate the entire disk in your database afterwards. Right-click the disk node in the Media  & Folders View and choose relocate.

If you not only move your files to another disk (keeping the same folder structure), you will have to relocate each top-level folder individually to tell IMatch where you've moved the folder.

Tip: Make a backup copy of your database before. If you make a mistake you can restore the backup database and start over.

For detailed info, see the IMatch help topic on relocation. There is not really much to it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook