Can you batch download selected files in IMA?

Started by ewijburg, March 19, 2017, 06:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewijburg

I am trying out IMA. The intended use is at home where I'd like to give my family  members access to the filed photographs in iMatch on their own computers. For the current project we'd  like to be able to select files we like and download them to my wifes computer to be able to make a photoalbums (for print).
We have not been able to discover a possibility to download a batch of selected files (only single "original" files from the viewer) from IMA. Is this functionality indeed not present?

Edwin.

Mario

IMatch Anywhere WebViewer allows uses to download selected files via the button in the Viewer toolbar (if the user has the privilege to download original files).
No "Batch Download" feature exists yet. This was never requested and I try to keep IMatch WebViewer slim and easy to use.

You can add a feature request into the appropriate board if you like. I consider IMatch WebViewer a work in progress and new things will be added all the time. Currently it is stable because I work only on IMatch 2017 right now. Once that is shipped, IMatch WebViewer will see some updates because I plan to introduce write-back for metadata etc. into IMWS soon...

A batch download feature could be implemented by

a) The user selects the files via their check box in the upper left
b) He runs a download command from the menu bar.
c) IMWS zips the files and streams the ZIP into the browser.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ewijburg

Jingo

Quote from: ewijburg on March 20, 2017, 11:10:59 PM
Quote from: Mario on March 19, 2017, 07:02:01 PM

You can add a feature request into the appropriate board if you like.

Thank you, Mario, done!

Was thinking of working on something like this as well... hmmm... if only I had free time!