Zoom Cursor and File Name

Started by jelvers, January 20, 2017, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelvers

Whenever I hit a displayed photo with the cursor in my Chrome or Firefox browser, the cursor changes to a zoom cursor. This is a problem for me in full screen mode. I remember with the first version of the IMA package I could simply click on the photo and the name was hidden. By cklicking again the name appeared again.
Now the click leads to an enlargement of the photo.
There must be a way to change this, but how?
Btw: with my Galaxy S7 touch screen it is no problem: when I touch once the name disappears and when I touch twice the photo will be enlarded.

Regards, Juergen

Mario

The cursor changes to indicate that you can click the thumbnail to open it in the Viewer. This is intentional.
Clicking a thumbnail is wired to loading the files into the Viewer.

There is no "click to hide file name" feature. What do you mean with that?
Some layouts display the file name, others do not. You can use up to two custom layouts and configure them as you like them - similar to the file window layouts in IMatch.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jelvers

Quote from: Mario on January 20, 2017, 03:20:36 PM
There is no "click to hide file name" feature. What do you mean with that?

Here is the example from my Smartphon (see attachments). The first picture shows the full screen display with the file name. But just touching the screen the filename disappears (second picture). Sometimes it makes sense to see the filename in fullscreen mode, but not necessarily the whole time or throughout the slide show. My memory may be wrong, but I thought that in the beginning the cursor on my computer monitor was not a zoom cursor and I could hide the file name by clicking so similar to touching the screen on my smartphone. Hope it is somewhat clearer now.

Regards, Juergen

jelvers

Sorry, here is the correct sec. attachment.

Mario

Ah, you are talking about the Viewer, not the file window.
The Viewer opens by default in the same size as the browser. You can switch it into the full-screen mode via the icons at the top.
When you tip, the Viewer zooms the image to 100% size. This also hides the file name. When you tip again, the Viewer zooms out again and displays the file name again.
You can control what is displayed below the image via the Settings screen.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jelvers

Quote from: Mario on January 20, 2017, 04:21:07 PM

When you tip, the Viewer zooms the image to 100% size. This also hides the file name. When you tip again, the Viewer zooms out again and displays the file name again.

Sorry, Mario, for bothering you again wiith this, but I am not quite sure, whether I explained my problem correctly. It is exactly asbout what you call "tip". What I want to avoid is that by tipping I get the 100% zoom. I just want to hide the file name, as it is done by tipping on my smartphone touch screen once. On my Minix computer this is possible by clicking the picture with the mouse button, however there I have Chrome running under an Android environment and the cursor does not show up as a zoom cursor.

Regards, Juergen

Mario

QuoteWhat I want to avoid is that by tipping I get the 100% zoom.

On mobile devices, you double-tab to zoom in and out. A single tap toggles the information display (file name or whatever you have configured to show under the image).
I just checked with mobile Chrome and FF and it works.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

jelvers

Quote from: Mario on January 20, 2017, 06:26:17 PM
QuoteA single tap toggles the information display (file name or whatever you have configured to show under the image).

Exactly and it is in line with my previous message. But how do I achieve this with a browser, running on a Windows PC, connected to a computer montior (not a touchable screen)? In my case one mouse click zooms in to 100% immediately (equivalent with two taps on a mobile device) and is not only toggling the info display (as with one tap on a mobile device).

Mario

This is not possible. On a mobile, the photo slider component is trying to give you both: a zoom and an unobstructed via of the image. It assumes that screen space is previous on a mobile display. On a regular monitor with a resolution > 1280 pixel this functionality is not available. If you don't want text, leave the corresponding setting empty.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator