Can't get automatic caching working on specific folders

Started by iamjwk, December 26, 2016, 09:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamjwk

Automatically caching images for specific folders does not work as folder ACL expression entered in cache settings dialog gives an error. The webservices run on another computer then where the image files reside.

I have made the following settings (all folder types):
     Exclude --> .*
     Include --> \\PC-WOONKAMER\Woonkamer - H\10 Fotos scanned
     Include --> \\PC-WOONKAMER\Woonkamer - I\Fotos vakantie\10 JWK\2014 Vakantie Oostenrijk - Wenns im Pitztal

The exclude works fine, but the two include folders not. Error in logfile:
Quote12.26 20:44:42+    0 [22F0] 02  I>        ACL-DIAG Processing user ACLs
12.26 20:44:42+    0 [22F0] 02  I>        ACL-DIAG Processing folder ACL '.*' : 3523 matches.
12.26 20:44:42+    0 [22F0] 02  I>        ACL-DIAG Error processing folder ACL expression '\\PC-WOONKAMER\Woonkamer - H\10 Fotos scanned' : 10125
12.26 20:44:42+    0 [22F0] 02  I>        ACL-DIAG Error processing folder ACL expression '\\PC-WOONKAMER\Woonkamer - I\Fotos vakantie\10 JWK\2014 Vakantie Oostenrijk - Wenns im Pitztal' : 10125
12.26 20:44:42+    0 [22F0] 10  M>        <  7 CIMatchWebServices::ProcessACL
12.26 20:44:42+    0 [22F0] 01  W>         Automatic cache updates enabled, but no ACLs specified.  'IMWSImageCache.cpp(341)'

What am I doing wrong/missing?

Below some background info (logfile attached also).

Regards,
Jan-Willem

What does work?
-   Selecting folder in webviewer shows the thumbnails.
-   Viewing a DNG file initiates a cache update as resolution of image is improved and remains If I go to another folder and back (also after browser cache cleanup).
-   Downloading original file works.

Overall IMatch setup
-   IMatch actual software & database on a desktop computer.
-   All images reside on local harddisk of this desktop computer, but are also backed up to a NAS.
-   IMatch webservices run on a separate computer (Intel NUC).

System configuration IMatch Anywhere
Computer: Intel NUC D54250WY
Processor: Intel Core i5-4250U (2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors)
RAM: 8.00 GB

IMatch versions
IMatch v5.7.6
IMatch Webservice v2017.1 (trial version)

Configurations made
-   Database copied to the NUC-SERVER
-   NUC-SERVER running IMWS is able to access the files indexed in the database at PC-Woonkamer
-   Drive mappings have been replaced with UNC shares.
-   IMatch web service configured to run under an user account that has access to the remote resources via the controller application.
-   This user account has the Log on as a service and Act as part of the operating system privileges.
-   WIC codecs installed for DNG and NEF files.

Mario

\ has a special meaning in regular expressions. You need to double it when using it in folder names, e.g.

\\SERVER\Share\Folder

becomes

\\\\SERVER\\Share\\Folder
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

iamjwk

That did the trick; it is working now.

Could be handy to put this in the manual as I was following the example/screen capture in the manual w.r.t. automatic caching and did not realise it should be entered according to regular expression rules.

Jan-Willem

Mario

Quote from: iamjwk on December 27, 2016, 12:38:30 PM
That did the trick; it is working now.

Could be handy to put this in the manual as I was following the example/screen capture in the manual w.r.t. automatic caching and did not realise it should be entered according to regular expression rules.

Jan-Willem
Agreed. I'm adding stuff to the documentation every day, directly incorporating answers to questions asked here and feedback from users. Each edition of the help will be better.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook