App to store some general information in IMatch - How?

Started by lightchaser, May 29, 2016, 08:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightchaser

I would like to store some general information (for instance what a blue label stands for etc.) inside IMatch. How would you do this. I'm sure that there is a way?!
Thank you in advance.
Franz

Mario

You can create a simple text or HTML file in a folder. When you click this file, the Quick Preview Panel will show you the contents.

Corporate users sometimes setup a custom HTML template for the App Panel. This allows you to use formatting, and see your notes all the time just by selecting your custom template in the App Panel.

I have included a sample below. Extract the contents of the ZIP into the folder

C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch5\apppanel\user

Close and re-open the App Panel. Then select the Usage Instructions (User) template.
To change the text, edit the file "usage.htm" in Windows Notepad or a suitable text editor (the free Notepad++ is pretty good).
Since this is HTML, you can do all kinds of funky formatting as well.

This is how it looks (click to enlarge):

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

I would suggest creating a feature request for this. 

While I've done similar things with a script or as Mario suggests with an app, a simple scratchpad panel would really be an asset when you just want to make some quick notes about something that applies across the board.