Curious path, I guess, from Macrium Reflect

Started by sinus, May 03, 2016, 06:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi
I am using Macrium Reflect to backup IMatch and other files.
I think, this is a really good tool.

But since some days I have a curious "path" in my directory, called File Backup (I).
See attachement 1.

I think, this must be from Macrium, but I do not know, how can I get rid of this because this I do not use.
Inside this are files from IMatch, as you can see on attach 2.

I tried to get rid of it, without success. I do not know, how.

Maybe someone has an idea?
Thanks for any hint.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Did you contact Macrium Support?
Looks like a mounted backup to me (You can mount backups as a disk to restore files).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hro

Hi Markus,
I just re-created it. I am not sure if you can do it inadvertently, but if you right-click on a backup file (or double-click), the default option is "Explore Backup". Macrium then opens a dialog allowing you to select a file for mounting. The result is a mounted 'disk' of your backup file.
If you right-click that disk, there is a menu entry under Marcrium Reflect to unmount that image again.
Handy feature really.

Cheers. Hartmut

sinus

Thanks a lot, both of you, Mario and Hartmut

You are both right. ;D
It is from Macrium, a mounted drive (as I understand, a kind of virtuall files, from the backup).

Then I looked through the Macrium support and there was a solution.
Normaly, like Hartmut wrote, I have with a right-click a command "unmount".
But not here. I do not know, why not, it should.

But inside Macrium is also a command to unmount such a drive.
It calls "detache" and does the same and worked in my case very good. I had to take this command inside Macrium, a box appeard with this letter I, then I had to click on it and after ok the letter I and this entry has been gone.  :D

Problem solved! Thanks!

BTW: I think, Macrium is a really good tool!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Mounting a backup as a disk is an essential function of Macrium. This is how you conveniently restore individual files or folders from a backup.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook