script to list all the folders on the database in size order and location?

Started by Luis Cordoba, March 21, 2016, 04:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luis Cordoba

Hello, I am not writing scripts (yet, but i will for sure in some months :), i can write visual basic and it shouldn't be so different.

I went to the 20 Largest Folders ( my ugly big databases contain more that that and some like 300 000 thousand pictures),  and try to modify it to list all the folders on my database with their locations and size  but I did not success.

I  will appreciate that  a lot if some one with script knowledge give me some light on how to change that to make the list, or if some one already tweak the script share it. Change that from 20 to N being N the total number of folders in the database.

My ugly but proud big databases collect files from more than a few old hard disks from years of photos and  I wanted to have a  list of where my folders are on each hard disk already  on the databases..

I want to say that before Imatch my collection was buried in this old hard disks, every collection in independent LR, where it was impossible to find my pictures, and where were my backup.

I cant be more happy now, that i have all my collections organized and find my old pictures again all in some Imatch databases.

Best Regards, Luis

Mario

Have you looked at the 'Folders' example script (in the Samples group in the Script Manager).
It lists all folders in your database with their number of files and the total size in the output window.

Use that script as an example. Use the IMSorter class to sort the folders before the script outputs them if you want a different order. That's it.

You might also find the Data Map app interesting (in the App Panel), which displays a graphic representation of the 50 largest folders in your database.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook