how to select multiple folders to add or update

Started by Luis Cordoba, March 17, 2016, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luis Cordoba

Hello,   I was adding more than 50 folders. I had to click at least 2 times for including each one. I wonder if there is a possibility like to select (ctrl +shift) or (ctrl) to make multiple folder selection? ..this 100 clicks(or more in a huge database collection)  in one and only one selection 2 clicks far?
That is not time and click efficient now, but maybe on the safe side.
Luis

Mario

I'm not entirely sure where you want to select folders. When you 'add' folders, they are not yet in your database?

To add multiple folders, use the "Add new folders" command (leftmost toolbar button above the Media & Folders tree, watch the tooltip) or just drag the folders from Windows Explorer to the Media & Folders view. See IMatch Help for details.

To select multiple folders in the Media & Folders View in IMatch, hold down <Shift> when left-clicking the folders. You can only select multiple folders on the same level (below the same parent).

See the help topic on the Media & Folders view for documentation.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Luis Cordoba

Mario, thanks. It is in the Add folders, there are not yet on the database. They will be selected to scan in to the database.
I click the add or update folders button in the upper left. It opens the dialog, click Browse, and  in this dialog I can only select one folder at a time. Shift + left click  do not select a range or Ctrl + lft click does not make multiple selection.

Had not added  from W explorer drag folders, this way it is easy selecting multiple folders!!
Thank you again.

Mario

QuoteHad not added  from W explorer drag folders, this way it is easy selecting multiple folders!!

The Folder Browser dialog that opens when you press ... is part of Windows, it does not allow to select multiple folders. But the drag & drop method, which is the first described in the Quick Start Guide "Add your folders" and also the first in the Media & Folders help is the best method if you want to add multiple unrelated folders in a go.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook