Display decimal coordinants ??

Started by rgdudley, March 07, 2016, 09:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgdudley

I read a previous post about this, but I was wondering if there is an easy way to display latitude and longitude in decimal degrees. 

I input latitude and longitude as decimal degrees (when I do it manually for scanned photos and negatives ... using location from Google Earth, for example) and that works fine.  But that is converted to minutes, seconds etc.

I believe that iMatch Version 3 displayed them as decimal. Not sure.

Occasionally, I would like to be able to copy the GPS position data for use in another application, and the decimal format seems to be more common.

Suggestions?

thanks, Richard
R

scw2wi

Hi Richard,

can you please post what metadata tag you are using.

I am using this one: {File.MD.Composite\GPSLongitude\GPSLongitude\0|value:rawfrm}
as it is descibed in help and it's showing decimal coordinates.

Walter

rgdudley

Not sure where that comes from, but using the option "use raw value" when setting up the panel layout details solves my problem.

Thanks, Richard
R

Mario

Quote from: rgdudley on March 15, 2016, 07:05:32 PM
Not sure where that comes from, but using the option "use raw value" when setting up the panel layout details solves my problem.

Thanks, Richard

See the documentation of the Metadata Panel in the IMatch help for details about raw and formatted values. The GPS coordinates are actually used as an example, when I recall correctly.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook