How to delete legacy IPTC data

Started by clpratt, January 14, 2016, 11:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clpratt

Yesterday at 18:07 I received an email notification of a new message #5177 "What comand to delete legacy IPTC data completely."
I am very interested in this subject but unfortunately when I clicked on the link to view the post I got the message:  An Error Has Occurred! The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. I have been unable to find the post on the forum. Where can I find this post and the replies I am interested in, to tell me how to clear all IPTC from my files.
[/font]

Ferdinand

I can't seen any trace of it so I can only assume that the author removed it.  I don't think any of the moderators would have. 

The answer may depend on what other metadata you have and what your metadata preferences are, but to remove legacy IPTC and not touch anything else, my initial reaction is that I'd probably use the ExifTool Command Processor.

Mario

The easiest way is to select the file(s) you want to strip IPTC data from and then run these arguments in the ExifTool Command Processor:

-overwrite_original_in_place
-iptc=
{Files}

Make sure you have backups of these files and try with a test file.

To see all data in your files, use the "List Metadata" preset in the ExifTool Command Processor.

To see only legacy IPTC data contained in your files, use these arguments:

-G1
-iptc:all
-a
{Files}

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

clpratt