Slide show: allow rating

Started by chis, October 27, 2015, 09:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chis

When viewing a slide show, enable the star ratings to be set by keyboard numbers the same way it works on the image list.

This would be very useful to review a set of images in big size and able to select them.

Ferdinand

It's been asked for before.  Mario has always resisted this, because once you add in ratings, then what about labels, bookmarks, categories, keywords, etc.  Where do you stop?  The slide show is supposed to be what its name suggests, and the viewer is the workflow tool.

My difficulty has always been that the image display in the slideshow was much better than the viewer, and so better suited to workflow tasks.  Help is on the way, as IMatch 5.5 will have a much better new viewer, which I think will make the viewer as good as the slideshow for workflow tasks.  Perhaps better, given some of its new features.

Mario

The slide show is a presentation-only feature. Designed for self-running presentations without any metadata editing capabilities. It will stay that way.

You can switch the Viewer into full-screen mode and use <BackSpace> to hide all panels. This gives you the same "look" as the slide show, but you can still change ratings, labels, collections etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook