Canon codecs

Started by Joe Austin, July 28, 2015, 09:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Austin

I recently did some shooting with the Canon 7d Mark II.   Imatch cannot see more than a thumbnail in the viewer.   I assume this is because I don't have a codec that includes the 7d Mark II, but I can't seem to find one.   Has such a codec been released, or am I missing something?

weixing

Hi,
   Microsoft didn't release the codec that support 7D2 yet. I solve this problem by buying the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack 3.8 (http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/).

Have a nice day.

sinus

The FastPictureViewer Codec Packs seems to be very good.
I have also bought the actual codec and I am happy with them.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Quote from: Joe Austin on July 28, 2015, 09:55:23 PM
I recently did some shooting with the Canon 7d Mark II.   Imatch cannot see more than a thumbnail in the viewer.   I assume this is because I don't have a codec that includes the 7d Mark II, but I can't seem to find one.   Has such a codec been released, or am I missing something?

Please check the Canon web site. Contact Canon support for information about where you can download the Canon WIC codec which supports your camera model. If Canon is unable to deliver a codec which supports all their models, I consider this an issue Canon has to solve. As an alternative, check out the FastPictureViewer codecs already mentioned. That's the price to pay when you store images in proprietary vendor-specific and ever-changing RAW formats...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Joe Austin

Thanks for the reference.    I tried the link above but it appears that this domain may have been re-registered with a new registrar and is not currently available.   Does anyone else get the same result on that link?

Aubrey

I can't get into the fastpictureviewer website today.
Has it shutdown. Anybody recently downloaded codec from it?

Aubrey.

sinus

Quote from: Aubrey on July 29, 2015, 12:20:50 PM
I can't get into the fastpictureviewer website today.
Has it shutdown. Anybody recently downloaded codec from it?

Aubrey.

Me. I think, it was Monday. I had no problems, but I see, that the site it no not reachable.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Ferdinand

Working here.  Have you tried downforeveryoneorjustme dot com?  Which says it's up.

(I hope Mario isn't going to say that this is another Google-owned web site that is trying to track us and cash in on our data.)

Joe Austin

Link is working for me now....