Version 5.4.16

Started by sinus, July 08, 2015, 04:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario

All is fine.
Download and Installation went here without problems.

And - the variables are back into work again, my file window looks great again!
And the checkboxes, as far as I can see, are also here, no problem.

So, for me this seems to be ok.

Thanks for your very quick reaction ... phew, say something (small) like this happens with an Adobe or Microsoft-product!  :o  :o I am sure, I could wait a very long time or even more possible: no reaction.

This is one reason, why (some) small "companies" like photools have such a good image.  :D

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

BanjoTom

As Sinus reported, all is well now with v.5.4.16.   The checkboxes are back where they should be in the categories panel, and -- since I had modified my file windows along lines sugggested a few months ago by Sinus -- the variables used there now show up again.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, MARIO!   No one else in the whole world of software development is as responsive and helpful as you, and I am very grateful for your help and support.   :) 
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Mario

Quote from: sinus on July 08, 2015, 04:21:56 PM
Thanks for your very quick reaction ... phew, say something (small) like this happens with an Adobe or Microsoft-product!  :o  :o I am sure, I could wait a very long time or even more possible: no reaction.
This is one reason, why (some) small "companies" like photools have such a good image.  :D

Quote from: BanjoTom on July 08, 2015, 04:31:27 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, MARIO!   No one else in the whole world of software development is as responsive and helpful as you, and I am very grateful for your help and support.   :)

That's a matter of responsibility. I care for my products.
My development methodology allows me to react quickly in cases like this, and ship updates basically over night. Of course nothing of what I had planned for today has been done (yet), but satisfied users are more important than a bit of progress on the 5.5. Now that everybody can work again, I continue with what I was doing.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Panther

Thanks so much for quickly addressing this issue.  I had eagerly D/L'ed 5.4.14 (as I always do for new versions), but had seen the posts about this issue and held off installing it - categories are about 90+% of what I do with iMatch and I didn't want to take a chance on them being screwed up.

Glad to see they appear to be working again, and kudos to Mario for getting this fixed (and to the other posters who highlighted the issue) so quickly!

jelvers

Quote from: BanjoTom on July 08, 2015, 04:31:27 PM

Couldn't agree more. And it's a pleasure to use your software! :)

Juergen

stonecherub

Tucson, Arizona USA 37C

Problems downloading on July 7 and 8. Version 14 failed to download as did an attempt to download 12 as a test. Version 16 got as far as 51.4 Mb today on Chrome before failing due to network error. It was slow and then just stopped. My usual PaleMoon (Firefox variant) browser also unable to get entire files.

Four random download tests just performed reported 22-24 Mbps download speeds with my cable connection. 21.6 Mb Hugin panorama maker downloaded from SourceForge in about 4 minutes, slow but it worked.

jch2103

I had some similar problems last spring in Boulder CO (though it was cooler at the time!): slow/incomplete downloads of IMatch, normal downloads with other sites, including Speetest.net. Mario indicated that everything was normal on his end. I suspect there was some congestion issue somewhere between my PC and his server, but I was never able to track it down. I haven't had any problems in over a year, but the internet can be strange at times.
John

hro

Looks that I am the only one so far. Downloaded ok for me, but I cannot install 5.4.16.

I get a warning that the program is from an unknown publisher and if I click ok to go ahead, I get the following error (attached). I also compared the properties of the file with version 5.4.12 and noticed that 5.4.16 does not have digital signature.

I remember having similar problems with earlier beta installs but this went away when Mario signed the install files.

Any ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

All IMatch downloads are signed with and protected with my digital certificate, using

Mario M. Westphal
support@photools.com

This is also the case for the 5.4.16 release - it's automatic and the install builder signs the file with my certificate. The download file on the server is signed and I have just downloaded the file and it has a valid certificate.

If the file you have downloaded has no valid certificate it is damaged, incomplete (most likely) or has been tampered with by some software on your PC or something that has installed between your browser and your Internet connection.

You can also compare the SHA-1 checksum listed next to the download with the checksum of the file on your disk, e.g. using Microsoft's free FCIV tool.

Please delete the downloaded file immediately and re-download. If the file has still no valid certificate, check your system for virus infection, root kits and the like.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

stonecherub

Version 16 downloaded and installed without incident this morning, probably because it is 10 degrees cooler in the desert and because Angela Merkel realized that Tucson is not one of the favelas on the outskirts of Athens. Hmmm, version 12 worked fine for me, I can't imagine why she would think being unable to upgrade would be austerity. 

sinus

Quote from: stonecherub on July 09, 2015, 06:18:45 PM
Version 16 downloaded and installed without incident this morning, probably because it is 10 degrees cooler in the desert and because Angela Merkel realized that Tucson is not one of the favelas on the outskirts of Athens.

;D ;D ;D

8)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

DigPeter

No problem with v16.  Smooth download and install as usual.

hro

Quote from: Mario on July 09, 2015, 09:01:31 AM
All IMatch downloads are signed with and protected with my digital certificate, using

Mario M. Westphal
support@photools.com

This is also the case for the 5.4.16 release - it's automatic and the install builder signs the file with my certificate. The download file on the server is signed and I have just downloaded the file and it has a valid certificate.

If the file you have downloaded has no valid certificate it is damaged, incomplete (most likely) or has been tampered with by some software on your PC or something that has installed between your browser and your Internet connection.

You can also compare the SHA-1 checksum listed next to the download with the checksum of the file on your disk, e.g. using Microsoft's free FCIV tool.

Please delete the downloaded file immediately and re-download. If the file has still no valid certificate, check your system for virus infection, root kits and the like.

Thanks Mario.
I downloaded again and this time there were no problems.  Installed perfectly.
I don't know why the previous download didn't work. There were no error messages or anything.